Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footwear ?

• 27-04-2004 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

move this if theres somewhere beter, Is there a clothes forum ? :p on second though, there should never ever be a clothes forum.

I HATE shopping for clothes , but I can bare it . I cannot however bare shopping for shoes !

This is what I currently have except slightly different and mine are falling apart, looking for somthing similarish or if you have any suggestions that aint similar please post em :)

danke in advance!

black_grey.jpg
    p.s reccomend these to anyone ,really cumfy and last for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

where u buy them ones??

skate shoes are excellant if you don't skate they last for years on end.

try schuh on o connell street upstairs for DC's or Vans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Go with those ones, they're nice, and they'll go with a few different types of trousers. Out of interest, is there actually a clothes forum? Might be a good idea, for ppl looking for other ppls opinion and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say just don't get a pair of runners, they all usually fall apart in no lenth. Get a pair of docs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah go to schuh, they have 10,000 shoes like that pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I think Dublin needs another good shoe shop :) Schuh are alright but can be overpriced and sometiems dont have anything nice... guess I'll just have to shop around . grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    where u buy them ones??

skate shoes are excellant if you don't skate they last for years on end.

try schuh on o connell street upstairs for DC's or Vans

Seconded. And they're comfortable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

skate clothes are the best.. but for runners and stuff i tend to get cheap **** from dunnes (they last forever) and keep on pair of "good" ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Have you tried Pull N Bear in Arrnotts - excellant stuff in there - you should have no probs getting something similiar:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

yeah go to schuh, they have 10,000 shoes like that pair

thats 5000 pairs of that exact shoe....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

inline_bottom.jpg

I just got the white ones. I really like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My boyfriend has the black and red pair of the onitsuka tigers and they're class. Very cool. My only advice is buy what you like. I don't like skate shoes personally, but there are heaps of them out there.

Check out e-bay, you might be able to pick up a cool pair there really cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    inline_bottom.jpg

i was thinking of a pair of those. where'd u get em & how much?

He got them in Schuh in Leeds for £40. So I'd imagine Schuh in Dublin should have them for E60ish.

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    i was thinking of a pair of those. where'd u get em & how much?

€70.... a wee bit pricey, but they're slick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Urban near the georges street arcade has those shoes I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

inline_bottom.jpg

might get those red and black ones... look a wee bit smallish though...kinda thin. are they comfy ? what they look like with pantaloons on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I drunkenly booked return flights to Gatwick last night.

With the sole intention (*groan*) of buying some new shoes in Sussex.

Still €42 yo-yo's return isn't bad (that's all taxes as the flights cost €0.01 esch way), I should save that easily.
    Get a pair of docs.
    I have 2 pairs of doc's (1 shoes, 1 boots) - both of them have defective soles which are lifting away from the body.
    They're damn unconfortable too - some people swear by them though, but personally never again.

tribble

They are thin soled as they are a martial arts shoe, but my fella thinks they're comfy. He wears them all the time with combats/cargo pants.

The last time I was in England, I bought two pairs of runners for himself on the sale rack in Schuh for £15. One adidas for £10 (cream nubuck with orange stripe) and a pair of diadora for £5 (cream, low cut leather, retro style with gold blaze).

The great thing about buying shoes in England is that you get great variety. Most irish shops don't realise that runners come in colours other than white yet. I personally own over 30 pairs of shoes, about half of which are runners (my fella calls me a sneaker pimp), and none are white. I've mainly bought from e-bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I had a pair of those Onitsuka Tigers before. Not great runners, the sole wore off quickly and weren't very comfortable.

The best pair of runners i've had in years are DC Sairin Grey/Black - cost about €95 in Schuh, Galway. My current pair, DVS's are a load of ****!. Cost me €120 at Christmas and theyre in bits now. Gonna buy another pair of Sairin's soon.

Sairins - http://www.pernetix.com/?screen=prod&page=1&v1=2&v2=35 - near the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

I never thought of eBay when it comes to footwear. Can you suggest some sellers or is it best to browse around? Those Onitsuka look class, might try 'em out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Adidas Shell Toes are the shit.
    Some people say they're uncomfortable, I don't think so though.

Schuh have a good selection. Idiots don't seem to stock anything over a 10 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Those Sk8r Boi shoes look good on the rack but they do nothing for a person wearing them. The heels are usually really flat and that looks like the curse o' jaysus as well as giving you poor posture. Adidas runners tend to be OK; the 'super' ones, like Superstar and Supermodified. Overall, shopping for shoes in Ireland is a disaster. And those new skinny runner/shoe things? They're awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Navy Suede Adidas Samba - king of trainers ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

not sure if this has been said. But "deep" on grafton street is good for "alternative" shoes.Pretty overpriced though.

Most of my runners these days are flat, thin-soled ones. I find them much kinder to my feet as thicker cushioned soles seem to make my ankles sore. We are meant to walk barefoot after all!! I only wear cushioned runners when running, never otherwise.

The Onitsuka Tigers are a very thin sole, but that's why I personally like them. As Dudara said, they are basically a marshal art runner. Almost feels like you're not wearing runners. If you're into super comfort squidgy soled runners then don't get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

The Onitsuka Tigers are a very thin sole, but that's why I personally like them. As Dudara said, they are basically a marshal art runner. Almost feels like you're not wearing runners. If you're into super comfort squidgy soled runners then don't get them.
    If there good enough for Uma in Kill Bill there good enough for me.

and by the way €60* here http://www.voodooshoes.com/detailview.asp?ID=1482

edit: that's £60 not so great value after all, anybody know a good online skate shoe retailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in what shop can u get these

black_grey.jpg

i'll be in town tomorrow and would like to buy a pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I bought a pair of Onimushi Tigers a few years ago. They fell apart, but I think I was wearing them for a good while (can't remember). I saw a pair in TK Maxx for 25 euro a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

Theres a skate shop near Schuh in O'Conell street that i'd recommend, but its an upstairs premises. Just head towards the liffey from Schuh and you'll notice the door on your right

I'm not a skater but they do have a good range of shoes and some fantastic deals when they have sales on. Its well worth a look if you are going to Schuh, even for comparisons sake.

Spaczed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Good quality pair of skateboarding shoe's like the DC's/Vans/Globes/ES/DVS etc will last you far longer than any pair of average runner's and in some cases shoes too and are extremely comfortable.

Advertisement