Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes/fashion forum?

Options
  • 28-04-2004 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

I've been noticing a few people posting threads in after hours lately asking for advice on where to get clothes / whether clothes were nice ect. What about having some sort of clothes forum or something like that? I don't want a load of abuse thrown at me for this, I'm not asking for a forum, I'm just suggesting one!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Sorry but *cough* *cough*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I thought one of the other admins had decided to create a fashion forum actually ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

"Insert random metrosexual joke here"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If we added up all the people who've ever requested this forum we'd have enough support for it! I dunno, f*ck it, give it a shot.... what harm can it do. Where should it go though... Society or Afterhours... I think AH personally...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i vote kold for mod, he's put so much effort into the fashion board campaign over the years, we need a mod like him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i vote Asok for mod. he's looking very fetching in his compsoc t-shirt this afternoon.

Chicks dig compsocs.

I sugges this fashion forum becomes a sub forum of LGB as tbh gay men have the best fashions sense well everyone except azezil in his fat mans moo moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i vote me for fashion mod as i could slate all the fashion victims and keep them in check with my witty banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I vote for ferdi his style is always fresh and funky , ad even a little bit retro at time.

by the way did i mention hes got swager!

SHAAAAMOOOOIINNN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by DeVore
    If we added up all the people who've ever requested this forum we'd have enough support for it! I dunno, f*ck it, give it a shot.... what harm can it do. Where should it go though... Society or Afterhours... I think AH personally...

DeV.
    Afterhours. And hurry up - I want first post and I have to leave work soon.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Gordon, can I presume from that contribution that you don't feel that this forum would need to be heavily moderated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

in fairness there will be quite a lot of piss taken but i still feel it is worth while, i wudnt mind moding, if that is my recent baddness hasnt tarnished my good name forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I woudn't mind modding it just to keep all the vain f*uckers out of the place... apart from that, I'll be able to smell them from where I am, thank you very much...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by ecksor
    Gordon, can I presume from that contribution that you don't feel that this forum would need to be heavily moderated?
    Goodness I must be slipping.

It does seem like the possibilities for trollage on this new board would be pretty heavy. Imagine the possible soccer-type gangs that will appear: Versace vs Lacoste and Polo vs Yves Saint Laurent tussles. I would imagine that massive schisms may appear in the main infrastructure of the fashion world if they were released into a public discussion forum.

In fact hang on a sec, surely this would need increased security such as pre-moderation*?

THERE'S A SPARK IN YOUR HAIR!!

Get it out! get it out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd say it probably would need a close eye kept on it, moderation wise - but it's probably worth a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah but we already have a for sale forum and a bargain forum for people to post that sort of stuff in. We don't have a clothes forum, or anything like one. I'd say afterhours would be better than Society to put it in Dev.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say After Hours myself...

I wouldn't mind modding it myself either.
    I've got quite the spiffing dress-sense myself, not that one likes to yank ones own chain on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    I'd say After Hours myself...

I wouldn't mind modding it myself either.
    I've got quite the spiffing dress-sense myself, not that one likes to yank ones own chain on the matter.

I second the Man formerly known as AngelWhore and Merc aswell for Mod

I heard the Gothic Sk8r look is in this summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

OOH MEMEMEMEMEMEME PICK ME I WNNNABE MOD!!!

...ahem. sorry got caught up in the thread.

Advertisement