Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price to change from 03 Primera to 04 Primera

Options
  • 28-04-2004 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I own a low mileage base model 03 Primera and have been given a price of €4k to change to a new one.

Does this seem like a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Not to me. 4k for one years low-milage driving!
    Why do you want to change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I've been told it will cost €8k after 2 years so it seems to be expensive either way.

Would you get more by selling it privately?
    That's the only option I can think of if you really want to/have to trade up.

Have you a reason why you want to trade up so soon? Spending 4k a year just to have a new car doesn't make much sense to me, especially as you do low-mileage.

I had planned on keeping the car for two years, but it appears it will cost twice as much after two years i.e €4K for one year & €8k for two years.

I think I'll buy a bicycle!

If you're happy with the car then why not keep it more than 2 years?
    You're spending around 80€ a week on something you don't use much. Keeping it a few years more that cost would drop. Personally unless the car was giving me trouble i'd see no reason to change it for 3 or 4 years.

Or get the bicycle, apparently it's a healthy option.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies Imposter.

The bike is a great idea, but the wife and two kids might find it a bit uncomfortable.:D

Advertisement