Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

?! Which bike test shud i do?!

Options
  • 28-04-2004 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can you give me sum advice pleeeze? I've had my Suzuki Van Van125 bikey for almost a year now on an A1 prov licence and was tinking of doin the test...I went for a lesson with ISM and they said I was gud+book the test...anyhoo my test is next month(!) but my bro told me to change to cat A for the test so I cud get a bigger bike if I wanted in the future....now I'm a small girl (5-1") and my bike fits me jst right but to do the A test I'd have to hire out a bike and I think i'd need lots of practice on a bigger bike to get used to the weight etc(€90 a lesson with ISM!!)...Anyhoo to stop my ranting - do you tink I shud jst stick to A1 for the test...when i really think abt it I doubt I wud go bigger than a 125cc engine cos of higher insurance and i need a lightish low bike etc....:dunno: :dunno:

Thanx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I had the same decision to make a couple of months before I did my test. I was driving a 125cc cruiser but saw absolutely no point in doing the A1 test as I wanted to move to a bigger bike pronto. I applied for the A test, got a 650cc cruiser a few months before my test came up and sailed through it.

If you intend staying with small bikes for the rest of your days, do the A1. If you ever want to own something bigger, do the A.. otherwise you'll end up having to do 2 tests. Feck it, do the A anyway.. its piss easy.

Ohh and welcome to boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Yamad Kuntya

do the "A" test and this way you have 2 yrs on smaller bikes waiting for 33bhp restriction to be lifted from your licence then you can legally get and ride bigger machine. The licence gimps have a 2yr restr. on your "A" before you are entitled to bigger performance bike. good luck with test and safe riding

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanx for the advise guys - I'm going to stick to A1 for now!

Advertisement