Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch a movie on your GBA

Options
  • 28-04-2004 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Link
    Game Boy Advance Video initially allows up to 45 minutes of animation and fills the screen of the Game Boy Advance SP or Game Boy Advance with brilliant full-color video and audio.

The innovative Game Boy Advance cartridge-sized Video paks automatically turn the millions of Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Advance SP units in the United States into portable video players. The Video pak format contains no moving parts, thus eliminating skipping or stuttering. Playback uses DVD-style controls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Seems pricey

My bro uses a portable VCD player (same size as any cd player) and AV adapter on his GBA-SP. Slap a film or a couple of family guy eps on a CD and yer set. Quality is great although subtitles almost impossible to make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Nah - what you need is GBA Movie Player and you make your own movies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

While we're on the subject of AV adapters can anyone tell if it's possible to get the reverse, i.e. an AV-out adapter? I have an LCD projector and I'd love to be able to direct the feed from the GBA into the projector. Since it appears there is an AV-in adapter currently on sale I thought I'd ask. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I think I you have a GameCube its possible to hook the GBA up to it and play your games on a TV, similar to the GameBoy Colour and the N64. If that is possible then it should work on a projecter as long as the Cube can connect to it.

Why would you want to view a game that usualy viewed on a 2" screen on a projecter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Rabies
    I think I you have a GameCube its possible to hook the GBA up to it and play your games on a TV, similar to the GameBoy Colour and the N64. If that is possible then it should work on a projecter as long as the Cube can connect to it.

Why would you want to view a game that usualy viewed on a 2" screen on a projecter?
    aye, afaik the item you'd use to play gba games via a gamecube is called a gba player...
    visual quality wise, you'd be better off running the games through a gba emulator on your pc.
    the games will look butt ugly unless you've smoothed the pixels out.
    visual boy advance all the way

• Advertisement
Advertisement