Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham and Ronaldo to Chelsea

• 28-04-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri has confirmed that the London club are interested in signing Ronaldo and David Beckham from Real Madrid this summer. Both players have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge and Ranieri told the Italian media today: "Yes, Chelsea are thinking of Ronaldo and Beckham. There is only one person in the world who can try to take them from [Real Madrid president] Florentino Perez and he is called Roman Abramovich." However, Ranieri also accepted that he would probably be leaving Stamford Bridge himself this summer

from todays independant: unison.com

This guy has big pockets!!!. he's gonna have to get rid of loads of players though

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

We will have to wait and see silly season on transfers is starting now and will last all summer!

Apparently Wenger is going to sign Gerrard,Owen and Terry. Although SAF is trying to get Gerrard himself (these rumours are from the Sun I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Let me see Madrid bought Beckham for 23 million ( although cause of a poor champions league it probably has only been 18 so far + 45 million for Ronaldo .

Real will look for something just less than 100 million for both at least say 35 for becks and 60 for Ronaldo .

And then everey1 finds out that this isnt going to go ahead and something completely different will .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think he can get a lot more for Ronaldo.

I think if there is any chance at all that Ronaldinho is moving, that their will be unreal spending to try and get him, and I think that Man United are going to be involved in that spending.

I'm just wondering, Are Man United able to out bid CHelsea consistantly?
    I mean if Chelsea said 50 mill, could Man United if they wanted to say 60 or 70 or even 100 if they so desired?

I think being a plc is realy affecting man united and is restricting them from making big money transfers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Are Man United able to out bid Chelsea
    like big ears said the days of breaking the spending records are over imho for manyoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I heard a rumour that Manchester United were thinking about becoming a Private company again, to increase their power in the market.

They cannot outbid Chelsea at the moment.

But I worry for Chelsea, if they are going to chop and change their squad every summer, they will get no consistency whatsoever, and continue to finish second fiddle to teams with more established squads like Arsenal and Manchester United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    We will have to wait and see silly season on transfers is starting now and will last all summer!

Apparently Wenger is going to sign Gerrard,Owen and Terry. Although SAF is trying to get Gerrard himself (these rumours are from the Sun I think)

Silly season is starting early this year methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

they are going to chop and change their squad every summer, they will get no consistency whatsoever, and continue to finish second fiddle to teams

Looks like tinker man has got his ticket anyway :) ciao Tinker ;)

maybe chelsea can now build up a rhythm next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri has confirmed that the London club are interested in signing Ronaldo and David Beckham from Real Madrid this summer. Both players have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge and Ranieri told the Italian media today: "Yes, Chelsea are thinking of Ronaldo and Beckham. There is only one person in the world who can try to take them from [Real Madrid president] Florentino Perez and he is called Roman Abramovich." However, Ranieri also accepted that he would probably be leaving Stamford Bridge himself this summer
    Those players could well leave Real in the summer but it won't happen if Perez is still president of the club. Perez wants Van Nistelrooy to partner Ronaldo. Man Utd want €45M for Van Nistelrooy and if Perez wins the club election he'll be offering an exchange deal with Raul going the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

man utds days of outbidding are gone but the clubs name alone should bring big names all the time though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

would b nice if they got them 2 but i also heard a while back theyd b selling duff ????? :/ stupid move if they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    man utds days of outbidding are gone but the clubs name alone should bring big names all the time though!!!

don't think any1 in the world will be able to beat chelsea in a spendin match. This russian has too much money and this is a past time!! he is takin the piss and will prob lose interest eventually,

as for united, the fact that they are one of the biggest clubs in the world does mean that if players have the opportunity to talk to them, united will be able to attract, but without the money they wont have the ability to talk. if you know what i am sayin....

yeah but look how many times especially during the 90s that united attracted big names on lower pay packets!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

There is rumors of them buying Walter Samuel the roma and Argentina centre half as well as Joaquin betis and spain right winger too if they sign half of these players i can only imagine how much it will cost them.

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    There is rumors of them buying Walter Samuel the roma and Argentina centre half as well as Joaquin betis and spain right winger too if they sign half of these players i can only imagine how much it will cost them.
    who chelsea, united arsenal???

Samuel is a great player, but isn't he getting a bit old now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Those players could well leave Real in the summer but it won't happen if Perez is still president of the club. Perez wants Van Nistelrooy to partner Ronaldo. Man Utd want €45M for Van Nistelrooy and if Perez wins the club election he'll be offering an exchange deal with Raul going the other way.

Did you just make this stuff up? Why would Man United want 45m euro for ruud if they had already rejected chelsea's 60m pounds enquiry. Ruud has also just committed his long-term future to the club and has constantly repeated his dedication to the club. Also the rumours about Raul are also untrue if you remember last summer chelsea made a big money(60m+) enquiry about him and were turned away. Are you the sort of person who just reads stuff in the Sun and takes it as fact?

if it was in the sun it has to be true:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Originally posted by PHB

He turned 26 last month...so, no.

Originally posted by PHB

I may be wrong but isnt he in his 20's ?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Brigadier
    He turned 26 last month...so, no.

I thought he was late 20's
    He is however 25 according to championship manager :)

He turned 26 in March.

DOB 22-03-1978

Advertisement