Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Define Wisdom

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

I think that wisdom can be put like this.

Building your home you use bricks as you build you home it gets higher and stronger. when you stand on the roof of you home you can see much more than when you did not have a home.

Knowlege intelligence power experience are these the fundamentals of wisdom.

So you can see while building your life you gain knowlege (bricks). To place them in the right order to gain height you gain intelligence through experience and by being higher than another you can see further hence react faster think ahead plan and not make mistakes are these also some of the attributes of a wise individual.

Then by simply living and becoming old one will be wise in the world that he/she creates.

But this brings to light wisdom of what?

To be wise of life love dispare science religion one need only time and exposure of any and all

You see I have not used power here, one may be powerfull that does not mean you are wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

<You see I have not used power here, one may be powerfull that does not mean you are wise>

the most basic thought expressed is the most creative power available to man.

:)

*bows to the powerful one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by remote viewer

What did you mean that sentence to mean? I don't get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

cogito ergo sum

I think therefore I am.

wasn't someone interested in looking at descartes?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Originally posted by remote viewer:
    cogito ergo sum
    I think therefore I am.
    wasn't someone interested in looking at descartes?

I don't see the link between the two, really. Plus I don't get how this ties into the whole discussion about wisdom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

are you saying thinking itself is our greatest power towards wisdom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 king10

:D How intriguing this has turned out to be.
    Wisdom, intelligence, understanding, knowledge.
    It still comes down to what the heck is wisdom.
    I truely embrace this topic and posts/opinions pointed out{at least every opinion counts, even the meaningless ones.
    Anyone can always learn from mistake{s} and progress{es}/advancements from that mistake{s}.
    Either way, from my THINKING, i believe wisdom is simply this, but i don't know:
    Knowledge+Understanding = Wisdom.

Understanding:the cognitive condition of someone who understands; "he has virtually no understanding of social cause and effect"
    Knowledge:the psychological result of perception and learning and reasoning
    Wisdom:accumulated knowledge or erudition or enlightenment
    I also seek answers which anyone can't explain.
    What exactly is wisdom, and how does one know they've acquired it?
    Even from my defination, i still can't elaborate the full extent of wisdom.
    Wisdom...................................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement