Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOP Boards.ie Open 2004 - Heat 3 preview

Options
  • 28-04-2004 12:17pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well the lack of a heat 3 preview has propmted me to write this - it seems heat 3 hasn't warrented enough fear to deserve a mention

Altheus 10-1

An unknown quantity - which means he is a danger to the more established players. What has he got? Does he know how to play? Why is he raising all-in when I have the nuts? Who cares!!

Mickste 10-1

Another unknown quantity. And another danger. Will need to establish himself early on before his style is cracked.

Hyzepher 3-1

Well a complete has been oldtimer that has lost all confidence in his game. One early setback and he might be crying home to mammy. Well at least Kencleary is nowhere to be seen in this heat - bad beat central!! ;)

MrPudding 2-1

My favourite for this heat. Has home advantage and a desire to win more than anyone. Needs to get back to his tighter self to ensure the unknown players cant nip away at his stack.

Spiritus 3-1

Very strong contender. Always has a hand and no afraid to bet it out - regardless of the flop. Be prepared to sacrifice a pile of chips to see him to the river.

TwoShedsJackson 5-1

From what I have seen of him, he has a chance. He needs to get a better grip on the fundamentals but if the cards fall for him he will be hard to shake.

Krusty_clown 10-1

Another unknown - the same applies to him as the other newcomers. Handle with care!!

Waylander 10-1

Yet another unknown - need to give some respect to him until his true colours shine.

Edser 10-1

The fifth and final new comer. If we can get them all around the same part of the table maybe they'll do each other damage. (note to self - rig the seating draw).

Karl H 5-1

Another strong player and capable of taking anyone out. He has a good chance of making the final.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I am really still trying to find my style of play. I know tight worked out for me but I really think that a lot looser is definitly the way to go for me.

Ours is a strange draw. So many unknowns. It will be like the business league except with more decent players. I am not even going to try to guess who will get through as there are so many unknowns.

But know this. I will go in with anything. I'm mad for it.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd definitely have to go with Spiritus, Hyzepher, Karl and Pudding to fight it out for top 3 spots here... I hope Spiritus makes it to the final table if I do... I want to *crush* him like a bug. LIKE A BUG I TELL YOU!!!!! </Monty Burns>

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

can i hedge and put €20 on Spiritus to win? :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No bet!

Though Ken may have issues handling the new/unknown players... I wouldnt be put chips in against him during that game!

DeV.

I think we will all have issues with the unknowns.

are they all 100% unknowns or friends of friends?

don't want a nasty Roundersesque confrontation in front of the little Puddings if we find out they're sharks! :ninja:

• Advertisement

btw it ws suggested by Iago on another thread that we all put an extra €20 into the pot for the nightly heat prize.

will work out at €45 a head for the night which is what we'd normally pay for a home game anyways...

I'm up for this, anyone else?

Altheus and Edser I dont know, the others are oldskool Boardsters mostly. I dont think anyone is sharking a 20 quid game to be honest... you'd have a better hourly expectation in Macdonalds!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

It's great to get the insight on the players beforehand. As for me, just I suppose to even them up a little. I'm a dab hand at RacingPost Online Fun Bets. Beyond that, I'll crack, I'm here for a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Some of you will probably recognise me as I am sometimes in the Fitz Wednesdays, (rarely Thursday) but haven't had a chance to hook up with any Boards.ie members yet.

Was there last night, 28th, crashed out early again! :confused:

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Only a couple of visits to the Fitz under my belt (11th and 12th), most of my play is with friends, where the standard is average to poor.. I visit Ladbrokes occasionally where I win some, lose some..

Don't figure myself for a contender, but I just watched the final of the 2002 WSOP, and 9/10 players at the final table were rookies.. Even Scratchy beats Itchy sometimes.. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I must be the rank outsider so, my only experience is online. Have not been to the Fitz although I have been sorely tempted to go in. Only been playing online for a couple of months. Chequered form there, win some, lose some.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

if you want to give me odds of 10-1 i'll bet on myself. Do you take laser?

Seriously i've been in the fitz nearly every week since about January. Mostly thursdays and sundays. Usually am trying to copy Davey devils unbeliveable run of lucky cards and flukes.

Sounds like it's going to be great fun. can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by mickste

Usually am trying to copy Davey devils unbeliveable run of lucky cards and flukes.

You really don't want to get me angry.

yes i do

Mick you do realise that the tournament is a freeze-out. You can't have your usual 5 re-buys.

i wont need them when you get knocked out by my pocket 9's against your pocket k's and i hit a straight. game over.

that is IF u get to the monthly table. A very big IF

Well Mick - that's the only way you could ever knock me out, one huge piece of luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I wouldn't mind if both of you were in the same heat - you're not. Please keep the thread on topic i.e. about Heat 3.

There is a thread specifically for bitch talk elsewhere.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Eh wheres this on? is it in teh Fitz Card Club or are you guys holding this in an online Poker room?

well well well, if it isn't Corben Dallas!

• Advertisement

Green!!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

super green!

Now if his name was DJ Ruby Rhod then he would be 'Green' - alas Corben Dallas said very little. Blew up a lot but said very little.

Hyzepher

Ok i'm not lettin anyone of you guys in the Fitzwilliam club unless you have a multipass......
    MULTIPASS!!!! :D:p
    **lights up 5th ciggie of 5 ciggie daily allowance
    ** fires up HoverTaxi
    :cool: :p

so anyways lads enuff wif the Fifth Element chit chat >answer me question! :)
    Oh and Supergreen! :D

so we've worked out that most of u guys know me ...............but can anyone of ye 'poker experts' :D let me know where (realworld or online) this all takes place.

lads?...........

It is going totake place in the real world - someone from the heat will host it in their house.

Hyzepher

cheers Hyepser :) thx for info

**continues to lurk on the Poker Boards**
    ]:)

Advertisement