Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Mortar and Pestel in Dublin?

• 28-04-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Generally, any of the Asian Market places should have Mortar and Pestles for next to nothing, but they tend to be ceramic ones which can, if you give them a good bashing, crack. Fine in the short term though.

The place I'm thinking of is on....ummm....oh.....shaggit....one of the two streets between Grafton Street and South Great Georges Street, up towards the Stephen's Green end, but I know there's no shortage of them around.

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

how about the "Spoils" kitchen shop on the 1st floor of the Jervis Street Shopping centre. What you really want is a stone or marble one. They last longer. Roches, Dunnes and BT also sell them but I'm not sure of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Cheers for the info guys,
    I will check out Spoils tomorrow, I had completely forgotten about that place.

I need a good stone one! Some serious grinding ahead! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

My parents bought me one in woodies for home ec class. It was a good stone/rock type one and came with a few sample spices.

R-N-B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Have been looking for a while and only decent one I have seen is the stone one in Dunnes for 18 quid.

It isn't very big though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

There are two good shops on Chatham Street, down from "Great Outdoors" which sell good quality P&M & other kitchen equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You can buy big solid marble ones (that weigh a ton) in Oxfam on that street just beside Stephen's Green Shopping Centre (with the Gaiety theatre on it). Unfortunately the street name has escaped me.

So yeah, Oxfam.

Advertisement