Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring ISDN Box

Options
  • 28-04-2004 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

How do you configure the ISDN Box to work properly with phone on Port 1 and my 64K ISDN?

Thing is they gave me a new number as well as my old number. Eircom set up the old number to be assigned to port 1 and the other to port 2. Is this right?

Also my caller id is now showing private to everyone i call. I know that I am ex-directory but I don't mind my number being displayed.

I called Eircom regards this and Biddy refused to fix it saying you must prgram the box first.

Any advice on enabling CLID?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Port one is your old number, but both numbers will hunt, so if some calls on the line 1 number and you are using it, the call will automatically go onto line 2.

CLID should be enabled by default. Most flat rate internet packages will not work if your CLID is disabled so if you are getting online with netsmart etc, the CLID is enabled.

So if you can prove it is not enabled then get Eircom to come and enable it as it is there fault it is not.

Later,

Grayarea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

To enable CLID (i.e. override CLIR) dial 142 before the number you are dialing. If your line was CLID by default and you wanted to CLIR to a number you would dial 141 in front of the number.

Edit: Should also say that if you opt for ex-directory Eircom will make CLIR the default on your line (as is your case).

Advertisement