Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sm4ck Meh B1atch Up!!

Options
  • 28-04-2004 2:00pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Casper is gettin' all brave these days!!

So, here's the alternative assessment of Heat 1... (I 0wn J00!!)

Amp
    You do it to yourself you do... and thats what really hurts!!

Iago
    Who? Minor speedbump.

Casper
    Like one of those little fish that can puff itself up to 6 times its size to look scarier then it is.

Gerire
    Disintegrates mid game.

Musician
    Let him come second, who cares.

Devore
    Just remember that you are paying to see my cards... lessons are extra.

Quozl
    n00b.

Henbane
    Just add alcohol.

Kencleary
    Twice has had phenomenal luck to save his ass. Cant flop a house with a raggy pair all the time.

So then, enough of the nicey nicey shít. Lets bring it!

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

You'll notice in my last post I never claimed to be one of the three people that beat you ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

One minor point - it's the quiet ones you need to wary of. Also, If casper or Dev don't make the final will we be subject to a month long reinactment of their bad beat stories - or will we just laugh?

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pffffff... wait till Altheus takes you out on hand #1

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

In fairness I would imagine a few shock results - especially from the first month where there are so many unknowns. Heat 1 & 2 look like they may throw up a few surprises.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    One minor point - it's the quiet ones you need to wary of. Also, If casper or Dev don't make the final will we be subject to a month long reinactment of their bad beat stories - or will we just laugh?

Hyzepher

Yeah. Expect a huge Boards announcement explaining the rules of hold 'em just so he can tell everyone what a bad beat it was.

MrP

Credit to MUsician for that.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    In fairness I would imagine a few shock results - especially from the first month where there are so many unknowns. Heat 1 & 2 look like they may throw up a few surprises.

Hyzepher

Aye, to be honest with you, the odds being thrown around here are a bit nuts... none of us is so far ahead of the others that they can be seen as "shoe-ins".
    On average, without skill involved, each player would have a 10% chance of winning. I'd say the least % chance in Heat 1 is 5% and the greatest is 30%.
    I wouldnt rank myself as the likeliest to qualify either, I think Muso gets that honour. I dont know if he'll win but I give him the greatest chance of qualifying. Thats still only 30% though!!

So, if you pick the strongest player you're still going to find that if you played the heat 3 times, they would qualify only once in those three times... not great odds really!

Heat 2 should be more straightforward but then we dont know that the unknown players havent been playing for ages and have plenty of skillz...

I agree with Hyzepher, I expect to see some familiar names rising up the ladder as the months progress but on any given Heat/Final I wouldnt be risking much on anyone...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DeVore
    Heat 2 should be more straightforward but then we dont know that the unknown players havent been playing for ages and have plenty of skillz...
    DeV.
    Maybe some of them could be female! :eek:
    I'd say there's a good chance that some of the unknowns would be regular home/cash game players, I don't know if there's any Fitz players who are signed up that we don't know about but you never know.

I think I can vouch for most of the new players (there *are* one or two players who I've never heard of before...). One thing to do would be to look up their profiles on boards and see how long they've been registered. Krusty for example is a real old skool quaker (afaicr) as is Quozl (though I still think of him as a noob oddly hahaha).

Damn, this was a thread started explicitly to trash talk and post pointless semi-offensive crap at each other... and its turned into a serious discussion...

well blow me but thats a first for Boards!! :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by DeVore

well blow me

DeV.

omg FAG0T

(sorreh bout that, just restoring the natural order)

Thanks truckle, I was beginning to lose my grip on reality there.... *phew*

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

wait... Was that sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

72o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Originally posted by Dev

Iago
    Who? Minor speedbump.

Devore
    Just remember that you are paying to see my cards... lessons are extra.

Just thought I'd post a little reminder from that most esteemed poker player Dev, I would really like to sign up for those lessons, "How to lose all your chips in 7 hands" as well as "Overconfidence 101" :ninja:

Just kidding Dev but I couldn't resist :D

lol.... I was waiting for that actually... I have to give you credit Iago, you were the the one player who impressed me more then I thought they would.
    Played and congrats!

There'll be another day another chip and another chair :)

DeV.

Advertisement