Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 TDK 700 MB 48X CD-R in Maplin - 39.99

• 28-04-2004 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

This is in Maplin in Blanch - the CD-R's are on a spindle (no jewel cases)
    Actually it's 50 for the price above, but it's buy 1 get 1 free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Just FYI, ITDirect have 100 verbatim CDR 48x on a spindle for ~€34.

('Tis a bargain for Maplin alright tho :))

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by deadl0ck
    This is in Maplin in Blanch - the CD-R's are on a spindle (no jewel cases)
    Actually it's 50 for the price above, but it's buy 1 get 1 free

Hi deadl0ck, if you have bought these CD-R's, could you run CDR Identifier on them. This will tell us where the discs were made and what quality they are.

I used to buy TDK all the time, as they where the best quality around. However I got bitten once when I bought a TDK spindle in Compustore and it turned out TDK had changed the manufacturer of the disks and that they where now crap Ritek disks, which I could have bought elsewhere for far less :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh... Ritek make top notch blank DVD's, I would have thought their CD-Rs would be of similar quality.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Stephen
    Eh... Ritek make top notch blank DVD's, I would have thought their CD-Rs would be of similar quality.

No, Ritek typically make inferior, cheap disks. In fact they have a name for making the worst disks.

See here

They work ok, but typically they fail after just a few years. I have a few of these TDK - Ritek discs and some of them are just coasters now.

See here for more details.

Advertisement