Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Moped

Options
  • 28-04-2004 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

A workmates moped was stolen from work last week. It was parked beside the security hut in the car park. Aparently the guys that robbed it waved a pole at the security blokes so they bravely stayed in the hut whimpering.

It was one of them Gilera (spelling) 180cc jobbies. Needless to say my mate hasn't got it back and some nacker its probably flying around on it now with his baseball cap at 90 degrees.

The job has basicly said tough cookie and are under no obligation to look after him money wise.

The is one of them "if anything goes missing tough look" signs. Does anybody know what's your position in regards to thefts like this ?

BTW as most will know bikes are not insured for theft so insurance is not an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Sorry to hear that. I personally think that he should take it out on the security guards. Give them a good kicking and that'll learn them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I vaguely(sp?) remember that those "XYZ left at owners risk" or " Managment accepts no responcabiliy (sp?)" are illigal.

You're friend may have a case.

I'm sure some boardsie legal weasel will have a better idea.

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by tribble
    I vaguely(sp?) remember that those "XYZ left at owners risk" or " Managment accepts no responcabiliy (sp?)" are illigal. You're friend may have a case.
    No, I doubt he has a case in any such situation, the employer didn't ask him to bring his moped to work. There are a lot of precedents for courts denying such cases.

The only responsibility an occupier (in this case the employer) of a premises is essentialy to ensure it is safe (Occupiers Liability Act).

I would however question the security guy not phoning the cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

what the **** are the security guards being payed for?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

I believe the insurance of the business should pay for this incidence as the bike has been stolen and the security ppl didn't or "couldn't" do anything about it. Plus it wasn't even on the open road, it was on the premises

• Advertisement
Advertisement