Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol cap reset

• 28-04-2004 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

My iol cap has been reset, has this happened to anyone else?

it was fine yesterday(day time) and was at 14.86GB. The usage i about what I downloaded last night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Those figures make no sense!!. In 5 days it will be next month. Your cap will have reset by then. Are you saying that you downloaded 13GB+ in one night? or that your cap was 15GB~ and is now 13GB~. My cap is also going weird, it's just stoped increasing it's stuck at 14.87GB I have grabbed near 4GB since then and I'm still getting stuff:). I think at the begining of the month we were overcharged by 1 or 2 GB and this their way of paying that back. I'm on a BT binge:D. It could also be that the Plus customers are not being kicked off anymore, they just dont care how much we download?!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

sorry wrong image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    My cap is also going weird, it's just stoped increasing it's stuck at 14.87GB I have grabbed near 4GB since then and I'm still getting stuff:).
    The numbers probably don't update until some time after your current session terminates (i.e. until you reboot your modem/router and get a new IP address - or until IOL/Eircom disconnect at their end with the same effect).

Originally posted by longword
    The numbers probably don't update until some time after your current session terminates (i.e. until you reboot your modem/router and get a new IP address - or until IOL/Eircom disconnect at their end with the same effect).
    I know that happened routinely every night but a few nights ago i just stoped - I've had the same download amount for 3 days. I've disconnected and reconnected had my router crash on me etc..., the cap usage just refuses to update. I really dont mind as long as IOL dont notice:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

just dont say it too loud in case they notice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I would like to know though is it my monthly reset happening early( i.e. i have 16gb from n ow until the end of MAy) or have they screwed up and I can download 16gb before tomorrow night)

I'd say it will reset on the 1st - that has NEVER failed to happen to me - if it deosn't then get onto ESAT and complain, they can zero it again.

Advertisement