Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horror Channel on Sky Digital

• 28-04-2004 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Heya, posted over in the Television Forum already, if anyone wants to check the thread out.
    I hope the channel shows plenty of obscure movies :)

Horror Channel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/

It has listings for the next month.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Not having Sky, I can't check it out. In theory it's good (well, far better than at least half the repeat-crammed channels on sky) but on the other hand the Sci Fi Channel already shows some horror stuff as well as sometimes being forced to show crappy stuff from the scifi field, so I'm wondering what sort of stuff they'll go for...

Still. At least it's not anotehr channel full of reality tv shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

The first film on the channel was a restored Boris Karloff, considered properly lost for ages apparently and the found somewhere in Europe.

Hopefully they'll keep this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by goo
    The first film on the channel was a restored Boris Karloff, considered properly lost for ages apparently and the found somewhere in Europe.

Hopefully they'll keep this up.

They're keeping things up alright, they're showing re-runs already :D At least there hasn't been too much Hammer horror.

According to SFX there are going to be some Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci films aswell as some series shown in the comning months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

some weird 70's **** on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Hard Rock Zombies.
    Oh well, it'll be good for having people over.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Originally posted by TCamen
    Heya, posted over in the Television Forum already, if anyone wants to check the thread out.
    I hope the channel shows plenty of obscure movies :)

Horror Channel Thread

im not sure if obscure is the word try cat/rubbish/sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Yeah so far I've recognised one movie they've shown, and I already have it on DVD, so I didn't bother watching it!

Movie in question is 'Alice Sweet Alice' if anyone saw it. It's decent enough, and is also the screen debut of Brooke Shields for trivia fans ;)

Anytime I scroll down to the Horror Channel, there's always some utter tripe on. Dunno if it's gonna improve either...

Advertisement