Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The JNLR's are out

• 28-04-2004 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

http://www.bci.ie/news_releases/news_175.html

now the fun begins as each station takes a positive spin on the results e.g. "although our topline figures are down, yeah, our reach of the all important blah de blah de blah demographic is up over the previous results..in fact we have more taxi drivers with magic trees listening than our nearest competitor." - funny stuff. even funnier is that the pr people get paid nice money for talking a load of old bo**ox.

Newstalk are the only winners in Dublin and fair play to them.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

great news for Newstalk, so well deserved, lets hope things keep going up.

no surprise to 98FM and FM104, theyre tired formats are annoying as hell, and they deserve to die a bloody radio death (I'm not bitter...:D)

I do wish spin didnt get better ratings, they mearly copy FM104, and deserve nothing at best.
    The big shock is Country FM getting a rise.... how...on.... earth????

anyway, enough of dublin, 2FM are in the same boat as 98Fm and FM104, theyre stuff is stagnate and needs updating... the formats are getting old.. sad to see today fm suffer, i generally like that station, although I think matt cooper is a terrible replacement for Dunphy.

It looks as though people are either switching off their radios, or going to county stations rather than national, I wonder how many listeners there were overall, and if any drop could be attributed to online radio streaming..

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Great to see newstalk doing well.

It is a pity stations in Cork don't take their morning and evening programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

I've long held the opinion that if 98Fm were to disappear tomorrow it would be no great loss. (I hate the station with a passion).

Well done Newstalk, I wonder which shows were the big gainers (George Hook must be doing well).

I am disappointed to see Today FM slip 2 points, though this is really only reflecting the 'national trend', all national stations being down. I would say that the additional licences in Dublin, Cork and the South East impact is now being felt at a national level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

i agree about today fm, they have a brillant lineup,it seems that ray darcy is the only one making great strides in the figures,also their newish newsreader oliver kallon is brillant really stands out

• Advertisement
Advertisement