Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cattery / cat kennels for a week??

• 28-04-2004 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Hi

We are heading off for a weeks holiday quite soon and this year, is our first time to do so, with 2 cats at home.

One is a year old who has basically lived inside for the last 8 or 9 months, and the other is the mother, who likes to come in during the day and slob out, but go out and roam at night.

The mother is not of great concern, as she can sometimes disappear for periods of 4 or 5 days at a time and is well capable of looking after herself, but, the little one is used to being looked after and staying inside at night.

Basically, I am looking for some suggestions as to where we could leave her for a week and be sure that she is being looked after well.

Any ideas??? Preferably Laois/Kildare/Carlow area, but will look at all options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

I dont know of any in those areas, but if you phone your nearest vet they will know.
    A lot of vets provide a cattery service themselves in fact.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Cheers

Thanks B

Will try that tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

There's a cattery in Donadee in Co Kildare. They have a really nice setup. I've never used it, but I've heard reports that its very good.

If you want the number pm me (I'm not sure if I have the "work" no or home no!)

That would be great!
    PM sent

Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

are you flying from dublin airport
    there is one about five minutes from the airport
    near swords if you are interested i'll get the number\name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm sure they don't want to drive up from Carlow with two cats, it'd really stress out the cats never mind the owners trying to make their flight!

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, we did fly from Dublin and just got back tonight.

We were recommended one outside of Carlow by our local vet. They are between Carlow and Athy. It is called Jerusalem Boarding Kennels & Cattery. The area is known locally as ......you guessed it..... JERUSALEM

We collect them tomorrow morning, so will post back here. We visited before we dropped them in and were well impressed.

OH yeah!!! Ha ha ha ha.
    The mother had 4 kittens on the Wed night/Thursday morning before we went (last Sunday) and they took them all in....all 6 of them!

Originally posted by eth0_
    I'm sure they don't want to drive up from Carlow with two cats, it'd really stress out the cats never mind the owners trying to make their flight!

Very good point. We had a good laugh as it was, bringing all 6 of them about 10 miles!

Just to let you know.........
    Collected all 6 of them this morning and were VERY happy with how they were looked after. Definitely recommend them to anybody.

Advertisement