Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Tunecast FM Transmitter [iTrip Alternative]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I bought one of these from the same supplier in the last week. The price was Stg£13.49. The postage was much higher though. Came from California (funny how the price was in sterling).
    I've used it in the car to send a signal from my MP3 player to the car radio on 88.7. There are four frquencies available but this one seemed to work best. My car has a beesting aerial mounted on the rear part of the roof so the transmitter works best when I put it and the MP£ player in the boot.
    I would recommend this item but one with a more extensive choice of transmission frequencies would be better - Belkin make a version II which would suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I picked up the version 2 in the states (bestbuy in boston) for 40 dollars in february. Its much better than the 1 because you can actually program your own frequency instead of relying on the set frequencies. Its also got a better battery life iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I'd actually like one of these things myself (to play MP3s through the shower radio :p), but are they not a teeny bit illegal?

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Quite a bit dearer is one of these things:http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=pc_fm_trans#Pci%20max%20ultra
    Maybe usefull if you dont have an ipod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes they are illegal, but I don't think you'll be doing any hard time for possessing one :)
    Actually, I think these things might fall into the silly legal-to-own-it-but-illegal-to-use-it category, like car radar detectors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Stephen
    Yes they are illegal, but I don't think you'll be doing any hard time for possessing one :)
    Actually, I think these things might fall into the silly legal-to-own-it-but-illegal-to-use-it category, like car radar detectors.

I suspected as much. Oh well :D
    Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I don't think its illegal as its a short distance transmitter, if it was illegal, how did "i-trip" get away with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

you may notice that itrip is not available here. you can only get it by importing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I'd say they are illegal over here.

They broadcast on license fm frequencies over a short distance i.e. 20 feet. Sometimes they operate on a fixed frequency, others hop between 3-4.

I'd like to get one, it gets a bit messy with my CD Player -> Tape Adapter thingy

Also it would nullify the need for my wireless headphones all I'd need to do is buy a small radio scanner (they are on offer in lidl next week for €1.99) and use it with one of these to broadcast tunes from whatever device I wanted (pc, hi-fi, mp3 etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I'd actually like one of these things myself (to play MP3s through the shower radio ), but are they not a teeny bit illegal?
    Who really cares!!! :):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement