Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia ngage

Options
  • 29-04-2004 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

What do y ou guys think of this?

Any1 got it whats its good/bad features and whats it like to text with?
    I might get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Good if you want ngage gaming, otherwise a waste of money.

If the games are any good, certinally the display is impressive and much better than original GBA. Better readibility graphics than most pocket LCD TVs I have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

wait for the qd out in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by watty
    Good if you want ngage gaming, otherwise a waste of money.
    I'd say exactly the opposite - good for everything but gaming! So long as you don't mind the whole side-talking thing, and the battery life is less than spectacular.

The battery life might b bad but mine lasts for nearly four days on 1 charge (1 charge lasting an hour and 20 mins)I just set my GPRS when needed and I got an extra day out of it..also switchin on bluetooth absorbs battery (2 days tops)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭garyc

how do you actually go about downloading games for it. i have it set up so its an extra drive on my PC but how do i actually transfer games to it?

I got mine for 99euro with fifa and 70euro credit in xtravision yesterday!
    Not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

hey i got mien on friday last. Same deal.
    Can you get the USB to work? I tryed it on my PC and my uncles and no go. Im annoyed because i bough a 128mb card for €70 for it because i wanted to put Realplayer files on it so now i have to get a usb exteral flashmedia card drive for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

o2 will be selling this yoke off for €99 from Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

u cant get the usb 2 work with the pc suite tht is only a blue tooth thing :(

4 the games u transfer the file onto the card (the card looks like a exterrnal hardrive) then go 2 manager (i think) it should have a program in it go 2 options and instal

p.s wht kinda card did u buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What sidewise talking thing?

Whats the difference between the Ngage and the Ngage QD?

Whats the phone like?

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    What sidewise talking thing?
    The mic and speaker are on the top edge of the device so for best performance you need to hold it 'sideways' to your head. Very un-aerodynamic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by longword
    The mic and speaker are on the top edge of the device so for best performance you need to hold it 'sideways' to your head. Very un-aerodynamic.

Thats a bit dire...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

They come with a 'hands free' yoke - a pair of headphones with a voice reciever - small and unobtrusive - lot better than the embarassment of holding a kebab shaped bit of plastic to your ear and talking into it

Yeah, with that and good support for bluetooth headsets it's really not a deal-breaker IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

i bought a memromex card and it dosnt work as an extra drive for me either. dosnt matter anyway cus i bought an SD/MMC card reader for my pc and it works grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

u can watch movies on it too which is cool. i have loads of converted movies and tv shows 4 it( theres a program called smartmovie which makes them the right size)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've got a Sagem My-v65 and thinking about getting the n-gage instaead. but i've just one question: Is the nokia add-on camera avliable for the n-gage?

yep! its called the fun camera! quite nifty and its clip on (via the usb port in the side)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

does the N-Gage support it? the Fun Camera conects via the Pop-Port connection not USB, plus the N-Gage is a Series 60 Symbian Based OS so isn't like their regular Series handsets which support this accessory...

BrianG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i want the ngage but there is alot contraversy about it size,battery life,making calls on the side gameplay dpad is weird to use, is it worth buying?? i know the ngage QD is out but it has less features doesn't it?

should i buy or give it a miss i currently have a nokia 3200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Will someone be willing to swap with me for a my sagem my-v 65 for a n gage?;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement