Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone watch alarm and ADSL

• 29-04-2004 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if an eircom phonewatch alarm is affected by ADSL signals, and would a self-install with microfitters work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yes and no, im getting it soon and i have phonewatch. as far as i know it will all be fine and at most if the alarm goes off the broadband is disconnected but then you will not be surfing at the time :D so just connnect again. DONT get engineer install, only eircom will touch it. Dont admit to having it if you go with someone else. if worst comes to worst phonewatch themselves can sort it out. I have a diy thing also if you want it. a boards poster posted it ages ago. Im not going to follow it though. Computers i can handle,, wires behind walls i cant be arsed with unless its network cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

yuo have to get engineer install if you have phonewatch - its a term and condition of the product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Dont tell them you have phonewatch, do a self install it works, if the alarm goes off the broadband is cut until the alarm is turned off, apart from that it works fine. If you know what your are doing search boards there is a thread on how to "properly" install yourself with a phonewatch systen.

Advertisement