Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Advice

• 29-04-2004 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi All!

I'm looking for advice on Broadband. By reading some of the posts on this forum my knowledge and understanding of the technical terms used would be less than average (and here's me thinking I new a thing or two!).

I'm based in Dublin 12 and currently using a dial up, which is breaking my frikin heart (not to mention the bank!).

Can anyone suggest the best option for me for going with Broadband? Obviously my main concerns would be price and reliability.

So far I've checked out Eircom and :ntl. As far as I can make out :ntl is the better option of the two.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

www.republicofloose.com
    info@republicofloose.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if ntl is available in your area (you'll have to ring them to find out for sure) then go for that. it's by far the single best broadband offering in ireland imho, with the fastest speeds and biggest cap.

ntl are a shower of idiots in general though, but once it's up and running from what i've heard here there is little to go wrong with it, and it's pretty reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭statto

I recently went with Irish Broadband and so far so good. The only problem seems to be their blocking of P2P. It’s an uncapped service. Might be worth while checking it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I'm In dublin 12 also.

Stay away from Irish Broadband, I had lots of problems with them. Sometimes the speeds were as bad as dial-up. I changed to IOL and the service is suberb, haven't a single complaint. Constantly high download speeds and low pings (good for gaming).

You might also want to try NTL, think it is available in some parts of Crumlin and Greenhills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Oooh, don't you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people help you out?!?!!

Wasn't aware of the area thing! Helterskelter I'm in Perrystown and a buddy of mine about 100 yards away has :ntl so should be ok. I'll give em a buzz and check it out!

Dank U Veil!!

www.republicofloose.com
    info@republicofloose.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

NTL broadband is available in muckross and hillsbrook parts of
    Perrystown afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

The world is such a tiny tiny place.

I'm bound to know both of you!

Ah but that's the anonimity (sp?) of the net!

Thanks for that Iggy

Advertisement