Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some NEW Hl2 pics

Options
  • 29-04-2004 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

holy crap!
    the 8th pic looks sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Im not sure if these are official pictures, but they seem to be running on a low end card, either that or they downgraded the graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Good Find.
    Graphically though it seems to have lost some of it's appeal when seen in comparison with Far Cry for example.

Nice to see it's still on the way though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That picture of the train yard impressed me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

it looks alot more 'real' than farcry. i loved farcry, but it looked like the characters were either made of plastic, or they had rivers of sweat pouring down their faces at all times. i can't bloody well wait for HL2. apparently, some guys at pcgamer have played it. and they said it's everything they had hoped for. and more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

More "Real" maybe.
    But a lot of HL's features such as the driveable vehicles have now been done in Far Cry. Also Half Life 2's levels seem smaller and slightly less detailed.
    Don't get me wrong. I'll pick up a copy the second it hits shelves but with everything that's happened to far to delay it I'm not as excited as I once was.

Also. That pic of the train station; I sense a tribute to the first Half Life there by arriving on the train....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

check out this months pczone for 12 pages of new half life pics. they look amazing. they also got to play three levels and they say it's brilliant. the only problem was the lack of new weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

says they've been taken down because they are not sanctioned for offical release or somtin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by JCDenton
    More "Real" maybe.
    But a lot of HL's features such as the driveable vehicles have now been done in Far Cry. Also Half Life 2's levels seem smaller and slightly less detailed.
    Don't get me wrong. I'll pick up a copy the second it hits shelves but with everything that's happened to far to delay it I'm not as excited as I once was.

Also. That pic of the train station; I sense a tribute to the first Half Life there by arriving on the train....

We've had drivable vehicles for ages, since at least Codename eagle.
    It's hardly a "feature", more of a standard checklist item for any modern FPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Over at BeyondHalfLife, they have a gallery of some non-spoilerish leaked beta images. There's only 5 images, none of any significance, but you can see some of the incredible water effects, and how things will probably look on the latest hardware.

Right here.

Something tells me that yesterday's new release screenshots were from the XBox version. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yup, incredible water effects. Hopefully with all this extra time Valve are putting in, it's gonna kick some serious butt. And then come the mods :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

God bless you Mr. Angry:D

Im gettin excited again and feelin all funny inside:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Originally posted by L5
    here

that link dont work no more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'm too cynical about this release I think it will disappoint, Far Cry looked great but was a totally normal FPS, of course I would dearly love to be proven wrong:D. the original was brilliant; but can a sequel really be as good - or better!!? - please let me be wrong! :ninja:.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Soooon - please be soon - :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pics are nothing u need to see this beauty in movement

download some of the bink movies (they are big) they are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Wow, it looks stunning. Better start upgrading my PC now!

Is it too early to guess if Valve might be interested in doing a CS mod for HL2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    download some of the bink movies (they are big) they are worth it.
    I have and I am still not that impressed, mainly it looks to me as if the humans are *YET* again incapable of defending themselves againts the aliens. Except of course for you - you can slaughter armies of aliens with ease; I want realistic fights were the humans can hold their own or act intelligently, that is impossible right now, the most enjoyable AI opponents I have ever faced were the original marines from HL:D. They weren't smart but they did a really god job of making you believe they were, they made HL great. If the game had constisted of only aliens I would have quit and never finished the game.

"So where are we going with this Freeman guy anyway?"
    "Topside for questioning."
    "What the hell for, we got him. Why not just kill him now?"

*snif* I miss you marines:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by robbie1876
    Is it too early to guess if Valve might be interested in doing a CS mod for HL2?

Counter-Strike 2 for the Source engine is already in production.

• Advertisement
Advertisement