Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Tan!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Originally posted by Rabies
    He always has Pam and her five friends to keep him company

I know, but it made me smile.

I'd say he'll be getting used to it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Originally posted by ravenhead
    Question???? How did this go from a chat about tan to sexist man remarks?????

because tman is a spamming off-topicing twunt...

hah! ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Hey dont talk about my boyfriend that way!!!

Originally posted by Asok
    Hey dont talk about my boyfriend that way!!!

you're not in prison any longer-that relationship doesn't count ..

the gay sign is now clearly visible high up in the sky... cue Azezil..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sodomy is for life not just for a night in mill st garda station for conspiracy to commit public nudity.

"conspiracy to commit public nudity"
    such a bull**** charge. twunting gardai. who the **** told you about that!?!
    is it still nudity if you're wearing body paint? how about fake tan..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

but the tan was fab when you put it on & now its a couple of days later & its starting to come off but it's coming off all patchy & horrible looking & you've tried exfoliating, moisturising etc & it hasn't gotten any better!!! I really want to show the legs this weekend but with the state of this I can't -- NEVER USE THIS TAN!!!!!

This might help

Gets into all those odd corners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

My ex was a make up artist and a propper dollie , she has that stuff slapped on all over her , what made it worse was that i had to put it on her back , she advised me that Jif Lemon juice works and wash the area with persil and the like to get it off ,

I would suggest the Jif as its not a rough on the skin and remember girl stay away from that stuff its evil stinks and ruins the bed sheets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

bronze express is the best i've found.. expensive but good and yes, a soapy shower will take it off and no streaking..

i'm sorry i missed this one earlier :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

your inbox is full lainey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Would any of you guys put on fake tan?

I'd consider it if I was on a sun holiday as I burn easy and so cant be bothered to sit out in the sun but I hate being so pail on holidays when everyone else seems to have a tan.

What do the girls think about a guy putting on fake tan?

no. its double standards but no..

a friend of mine used to burn easily on holidays so i suggested he try a sunbed before he went.. he started on it for only 5 mins gradually building it up and he got a colour on holidays.. not vanity as such with him, just he was sick of burning and burning on hols..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Ryvita

Originally posted by Asok
    Those pants do make your arse look big.

Do they? Do you think so? Really? Maybe if I put on some fake tan over them it might have a slimming effect?

PLEASE LIKE ME!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

To be honest it would look as gay as christmas in san fran(not that theres anything wrong with being gay) but people would either think ure gay and vain or just vain.

People questioned my sexuality because i own a pair of hairstraightners. I have long hair for god sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Well I don’t think I would use fake tan. I don’t think id be able to buy it in the shop out of embarrassment and I think I'd put it on wrong and have big finger streaks all over me.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by pork99
    This might help

Gets into all those odd corners :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd never put my lips anywhere near skin with fake tan on it. Orange women are missing out...

Originally posted by Sarky
    I'd never put my lips anywhere near skin with fake tan on it. Orange women are missing out...

Maybe you could practise on this?

orange.gif

U probably have already without even knowing it ....

your obviously thinking of women who wear tango tans.. if its on properly you wouldnt even know it's fake.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Most definately not. I dislike any and all forms of makeup.

Originally posted by Lainey
    your obviously thinking of women who wear tango tans.. if its on properly you wouldnt even know it's fake.. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure Lainey. I mean if you see women in ireland walking around with tans in April you really have to wonder how they got it?

Originally posted by Ryvita
    I'm not so sure Lainey. I mean if you see women in ireland walking around with tans in April you really have to wonder how they got it?

But most girls with any bit of sense make sure that it's subtle -- Less is more....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

Well if less is more.......

How about none at all?

Bloody wimin who knows how there minds work. Pink things and kittens etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Delerium

Hey, chlorine removes fake tan.
    That's why I always avoid swimming pools on holiday cos all my effort from the night before dissappears immediately.

It's even mentioned on one of the fake tan websites, can't remember which one.

And for you guys out there who moan about it:

Please understand that some of us CAN NOT tan naturally, no matter what. Physical impossibility. Some of us have been teased to death about our pale skin and freckles. So fake tan is a god-send to some of us, cos it is the only way we will EVER get a tan............. and not appear the usual blue colour

But most girls with any bit of sense make sure that it's subtle -- Less is more....

True enough. Its nice to tone down the bottle milk white skin a little. It looks healthier. I really think most men would not be able to spot a subtle bit of colour.

Originally posted by PersonalJesus
    Well if less is more.......

How about none at all?

Bloody wimin who knows how there minds work. Pink things and kittens etc

Ye're not supposed to know - that's the whole point!!!!

Originally posted by Delerium
    And for you guys out there who moan about it:

Please understand that some of us CAN NOT tan naturally, no matter what. Physical impossibility. Some of us have been teased to death about our pale skin and freckles. So fake tan is a god-send to some of us, cos it is the only way we will EVER get a tan............. and not appear the usual blue colour

You know, you could just stand up for yourself and be happy with your appearance, and not give in to such teasing...

Also, red-heads freckle. Tan with red hair is unnatural and replusive to me.

True enough. Its nice to tone down the bottle milk white skin a little. It looks healthier. I really think most men would not be able to spot a subtle bit of colour.

Very true - most of them wouldn't notice anyway ....... MEN .... they really don't have a clue about what it takes for girls to get ready for a big night out..

You know, you could just stand up for yourself and be happy with your appearance, and not give in to such teasing...

• Advertisement

????? Y????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Very true - most of them wouldn't notice anyway ....... MEN .... they really don't have a clue about what it takes for girls to get ready for a big night out..
    i thought you did it for yourselves... not men?

/me scratches head

Originally posted by tman

/me scratches head

We do ...... I'm just saying that guys can't really tell when we have it on ... well that's if its done right (& yes there have been a lot of mistakes by girls). But most girls are quiet good at putting it on so you wouldnt even notice that is fake

/me scratches head

Everyone likes to look nice ... it makes you feel good about yourself. Even if we do want to look good for men what's the problem? It's called going on the Pull?

I asked earlier in this thread why do we go to all this trouble? I've been thinking about it and I realise that I actually like getting dressed up for a night out. I like the actual getting ready part. I like going out with the feeling that I look good. I feel better about myself and have more confidence. It's not all the make-up etc. that attracts men (if I do) it's the confidence in yourself and you being in a good mood that shines through.

Everyone likes to look nice ... it makes you feel good about yourself. Even if we do want to look good for men what's the problem? It's called going on the Pull?

I asked earlier in this thread why do we go to all this trouble? I've been thinking about it and I realise that I actually like getting dressed up for a night out. I like the actual getting ready part. I like going out with the feeling that I look good. I feel better about myself and have more confidence. It's not all the make-up etc. that attracts men (if I do) it's the confidence in yourself and you being in a good mood that shines through.

Exactly.... behind it all we really do it for ourselves &if it helps to pull mores the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

bleugh

that would just sicken ya.. 'i don't like fake tans , i don't like women to wear make up, i like natural women' whinge whinge whinge... men are always at this and yet time and time again i have seen them turn into big sappy dogs with tongues hanging out when a babe walks in and it's obvious to every woman there that she has fake tan on, make up (maybe subltle) but there, long polished nails, hair coloured and straightened to within inch of its life, her body pulled to bits from waxing. and fair play to her i say.. she obv not there to impress the geeks who like this and don't like that.. she there to look and feel great and have a good time with the fine thing at the bar..

that would just sicken ya.. 'i don't like fake tans , i don't like women to wear make up, i like natural women' whinge whinge whinge... men are always at this and yet time and time again i have seen them turn into big sappy dogs with tongues hanging out when a babe walks in and it's obvious to every woman there that she has fake tan on, make up (maybe subltle) but there, long polished nails, hair coloured and straightened to within inch of its life, her body pulled to bits from waxing. and fair play to her i say.. she obv not there to impress the geeks who like this and don't like that.. she there to look and feel great and have a good time with the fine thing at the bar..

You tell 'em Lainey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

right on sister!

• Advertisement

right on sister!

Your just one of the girls really t"man"

Women wear make-up, fake tan blah blah, makes them feel confident (how)! Men pretend not to notice, pretend just to think your a naturally orange specimen, this makes women feel more confident, wash, exfoliate, reapply. If your mingin and you use fake tan youre just a minger with fake tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Delerium

I agree with you Lainey...

And by the way Sarky, I do not have red hair. And I'm actually a very confident person. But when I was a kid I was teased so badly I was seeing a shrink by the age of 10.

Bear in mind that I grew up in SA, where EVERYONE is brown and fair skin is extremely uncommon. No one has freckles. So I stuck out like a sore thumb.
    In those days there weren't really any fake tans around and I wore tights to school even during the summer, which resulted in more teasing!

Now at least I have the OPTION of looking a bit browner, even if it is fake.

At least you have the option of tanning naturally if you were to spend a while in the sun, I don't.

Originally posted by Aurther Hugh
    Women wear make-up, fake tan blah blah, makes them feel confident (how)! Men pretend not to notice, pretend just to think your a naturally orange specimen, this makes women feel more confident, wash, exfoliate, reapply. If your mingin and you use fake tan youre just a minger with fake tan.

Not all women were orange fake tan but that's besides the point - in fact it's rare enough.

I actually agree with what you're saying although I wouldn't put it that way. Make-up fake tan doesn't make much of a difference - it's how you carry yourself, body language etc, that really attract people.

Put it this way you could look at photos of girls and think "Yeah, I'd fancy her" but she might be a vacant bimbo or really shy and self concious. It might be a more average looking girl (not ugly) who oozes confidence, has a good laugh and has something to say for herself that makes her more attractive. That's what sexy is!

Originally posted by Aurther Hugh

and, whats minging got to do with it.. always comes down to looks.. nothing to do with the fact that a woman can have such good self esteem that she will like to make the most of herself and her features.. get a grip on yourself man/boy..
    and to correct you, men do notice.... well, men who like women notice if a woman has put some effort into her appearance and will feel confident when she goes out.. and if i had to spend an hour in the morning to make myself feel confident and ready to face the world.. it's my hour..

who'd have thunk a thread about Fake Tan would cause such debate?

• Advertisement

delerium.......... you do whatever it takes to feel right about your appearance.. your perfectly right and your in the majority of women.. good luck men finding your natural woman.. ye might want to try the jungle, cos every woman i know uses something to enhance themselves be it fake tan, make up, hair colour, stylers, even to clothes and accessories.. and more power to them..

Exactly!! Not everyone is blessed with olive skin!!! & Then you have people(me included) that get good colours during the summer & really don't like going pasty in the winter & don't want to use cancerbeds ..... sorry I mean sunbeds!!!!

delerium.......... you do whatever it takes to feel right about your appearance.. your perfectly right and your in the majority of women.. good luck men finding your natural woman.. ye might want to try the jungle, cos every woman i know uses something to enhance themselves be it fake tan, make up, hair colour, stylers, even to clothes and accessories.. and more power to them..

Hmmmmm well amybe they should read some more books and improve themselves that way

??????????????????????

i read books and sometimes do put on fake tan.. ??????? catagorise that

who'd have thunk a thread about Fake Tan would cause such debate?

I know!!! All i wanted was a couple of tips on how to get the crap off!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement