Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Investments

• 29-04-2004 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who are going to be the best investments this Summer for the smaller clubs.

Inoger The gunners,manu and chelsea. I wanna know bout The smaller Clubs like Birmingham, Villa , Fulham , Boro and Newcastle.

Players that are gonna be Sub 10Mill but who are gonna make a big difference.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Izzett for free! Villa, Charlton and Boro are all interested!

Leeds players will be up for sale left, right and centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'd say O'Leary will get a few bargains. He's interested in Muzzy Izzet who's out of contract in the summer. Coleman said he was looking at a few players, including Klose, when he was out ill so he should be going for a few. Since so many clubs achieved higher than they set out to and the likes of Liverpool and Newcaslte will also be spending I can see this being the best transfer window yet.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Izzet will be sought after alright!

I wonder will Nicky Butt move on?

Chelsea may be selling a few of their flops like Joe Cole, or Adrian Mutu. They may be going a lot cheaper than they were bought for.

Alex Rae of wolves had a good season in a sinking ship, and may be tempted.

Anyone for Dwight Yorke? Probably one of the promoted clubs might be intersted.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think Alan Smith will probably be the best investment, very young and great determination along with good ability.

I see Biringham have been linked with a 7 million swoop for him, not bad at that price I reckon.

I'd say O'Leary would love to sign him but cant see Doug splashing that money on another attacker, pity becasue I think himself and O'Leary got on well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Owen if Pool don't make CL. Prob get him for 10M.

Milner at Leeds is rumoured to be on him way to United.

• Advertisement

Owen if Pool don't make CL. Prob get him for 10M.

I doubt very much if he would play for Villa or Boro or somebody like that.

There may be a few players from other leagues available on the cheap. Davids, Vieiri and Trezugeut.

Wonder if anyone will try sign Larsson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'd say Charlton and Portsmouth will do best in the transfer market, Curbishly and Redknapp are very shrewd.

Be Happy to see and Reid go to either of them and I reckon he'd be worth 7million.

Carr could leave Spurs quite cheaply in the summer and anyone who gets him will be doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Owen isnt worth 10M......

Best signing has been made already!! Forsell to spend another season on loan at Birmingham

Originally posted by syke
    Be Happy to see and Reid go to either of them and I reckon he'd be worth 7million.

I don't think he's worth that much in todays market, I mean look at what Villa payed for Solano £1.5 million.

I'd say hes worth 4 or 5 the very most.

Owen isnt worth 10M......

You are right he is worth a lot more

• Advertisement

Originally posted by irish1
    I don't think he's worth that much in todays market, I mean look at what Villa payed for Solano £1.5 million.

I'd say hes worth 4 or 5 the very most.

Solano was a disruptive, sulking player at Newcastle which is why they were happy to be shot of him.

He's also a non-eu I think which would be a reason to detract from his price.

Originally posted by syke
    Solano was a disruptive, sulking player at Newcastle which is why they were happy to be shot of him.

He's also a non-eu I think which would be a reason to detract from his price.

Boby Robson called him when he was on his way to sign for Villa and told him he was welcom to come back, so I doon't think they wanted shut of him quite that badly, I also don't think the fact that he is a non-eu made that much of a difference.

The money isn't there for the average player, I mean we got McCann and Sorresen for 2.5 million each also, I really can't see any club playing 7 million for Reid, 1st division players aren't worth that money in todays market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

7 mil for Reid is over the top!! noone wud pay that for a player untried in the top league......think Spurs where bidding 5 with a player and that was alot.....he will throw up a fuss in the summer and prob end up going for 4mil and maybe a player!!

No way is Owen worth 10mill.....he spends half the season warming the bench with injury problems.....

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    he will throw up a fuss in the summer and prob end up going for 4mil and maybe a player!!

Unlikely he will make a fuss, he is pretty loyal to Forest, as most of the youth players have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Joe Kinnear said that Spurs and the Forest chairman had a gentlemans agreement in relation to Andy Reid. He said they had agreed on a figure of around £5m during the summer. He said that this agreement was in place before he took over. I know that Spurs werer reportedly trying to get Reid during the January window but this story was in the times early this week or late last week. Joe K was not to happy about it because he felt Reid was worth more then this, but said the agreement was already there so there was nothing he could do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Doodee
    Just wondering who are going to be the best investments this Summer for the smaller clubs.

Inoger The gunners,manu and chelsea. I wanna know bout The smaller Clubs like Birmingham, Villa , Fulham , Boro and Newcastle.

Players that are gonna be Sub 10Mill but who are gonna make a big difference.

Thoughts?

Newcastle have splashed out more than 10 million on one player in more than one occasion . Robert and Shearer to name 2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i think reid is ready for the step up to the prem, and hopefully with spurs. 5mil will prob mean he won't be a steal but could see him set the prem alight next season....

forrsell to birmingham, i agree, is a class signing even its just on loan for another season, got something like 17 in 33??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Newcastle have splashed out more than 10 million on one player in more than one occasion . Robert and Shearer to name 2 .
    Yes, that is indeed true, but not what i was asking.

I was reluctant to even mention Newcastle as they are a v.good side and worthy of a CL spot. they also have cash :D

left em in for ****s and giggles though.

Wan TEh Villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Alex Rae of wolves had a good season in a sinking ship, and may be tempted.

I believe Rae has agreed to move to Rangers.

Man City are in financial trouble and will sell (clearout if relegated), so the odd bargain might be available. Joey Barton's been heavily linked with Liverpool

Man City are in financial trouble and will sell (clearout if relegated), so the odd bargain might be available. Joey Barton's been heavily linked with Liverpool

City also have SWP who I forgot about, he has also been linked to Liverpool.

What about Milner who plays for Leeds, very young and talented!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement