Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Satire - whats the point?

Options
  • 29-04-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Some time ago, there was a spin-off created from Politics for Satire.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, apaprently, but then I put my foot in it by saying - as a moderator - that I wouldn't want to see it turn into a "copy and paste" amalgamation from various satire sites etc. Firstly, it would be a breach of copyright, and secondly, it is the type of thing I really don't see a point for. A list of links to the sites that the material being leached from would do just as well.

So anyway...having spoiled the fun of those who suggested it, it would now appear that the forum never really took off. I'd say it has died a death, but I'm not sure it ever lived a life in the first place.

I suggest that this board be scrapped.

jc
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Despite thinking that some of the more polarised posts on Politics should be moved there for the public to amuse themselves with, I agree that it didn't exactly capture the imagination of the Boards community. Nothing that Humour / AH / Pick 'n' Mix couldn't have dealt with just as easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

A list of links to the sites that the material being leached from would do just as well.
    I put up a sticky, and promptly forgot about it. The only time I had any real interaction with the board was to caution (and subsequently ban) a user who was eventually banned from the main site anyway.

I would suggest getting rid of it too. Copyright infringements aside, it's just plain unoriginal.

Whatever you decide to do, do it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Nuked.

Advertisement