Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone own a Nissan Maxima?

Options
  • 29-04-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Reason i'm asking is that i'm thinking of buying one from '95 to '99. I like the look of them, they seem to be well cheap second hand and i'm guessing because it's jap it has to be reliable. Any comments i would find helpful....

Duke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Apparently it’s the fastest depreciating car in Ireland. But that probably means that a 8 year old one is good value.

Is it also called the QX? If so click below

Parkers

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If you want a big, comfortable, luxury, reliable, value for money car and don't give a sh1te about image / style / looks / driving characteristics etc., this is the one to buy :)

Alternative: Toyota Camry (even duller and more reliable)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Parkers is a cool site for reviews and stuff - thanks full forward. I think what you said unkel is a bonus for me with these cars - the fact that it's not a BMW or Merc makes it more attractive to me...

Originally posted by DukeDredd
    the fact that it's not a BMW or Merc makes it more attractive to me...

Aye, had I not come across my first BMW and fallen in love, I might well be driving a large jap barge (toyota, nissan, lexus) myself now :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The maximas go forever and usually come loaded with luxuries and all the nice
    bits to make driving easier.. so what more can you ask for, who would want to
    be cramped into some tiny little sardine tin when ya can get a fine big barge like
    that and travel in comfort with all the little extras.. :D

speaking of which, hows the new BMW going Unkel??

She's a fine looking car alright..

Tox

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    hows the new BMW going Unkel??

She's a fine looking car alright..

Just superb :D

Very impressed with it's driving characteristics. It drives like a car a size smaller. Only negative is parking really, but the front and rear park distance control sensors help out there ;)

And then there's the 245/45 18" wheels that are prone to bursting on this country's potholed roads. Previous owner said he contemplated buying a set of standard wheels and I know how he feels now...

Best thing is the tracking control (ASC). With it off it drives more or less like my last car ('94 530iA V8). With it on you feel safer. Switched it off on Dollymount strand for a bit to test how it kicks in. Don't plan to switch it off again unless I take it to a racing track or something :)

Thanks for asking m8 :)

edit: for anybody wondering what car I'm talking about, it's a '96 735iA V8

Advertisement