Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in CityWest

• 29-04-2004 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Recently moved to CityWest and neither NTL or Eircom offer their BB connections. Is CityWest covered by any wireless service. I have become quite fond of me Xbox Live and was wondering about others experiences of Xbox Live on a wireless connection.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I find that hard to believe that citywest, beside the "National Digital Park" or whatever its called has no broadband from eircom?? What exchange are you on? Tallaght exhange is definitely enabled for all broadband products from Eircom. Also EsatBT offer their business DSL on the Tallaght exchange as well. Citywest is part of Tallaght(hence the Dublin 24 in the address :p ) There is an Irish Broadband mast in Tallaght fairly close to City West, close to Jobstown I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I live in the Jobstown area and a friend lives in City West. He says esat told him his line is capable of broadband. I have broadband from iol and I'm only down the road from city west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I had considered all of the above but our line failed the test(or i was told by a housemate).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Try a line of site test with IBB then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

DSL is available in the new Carrigmore development out in Citywest. Is that where you're talking about?

• Advertisement
Advertisement