Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apocolypse now!......please

• 29-04-2004 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Its comical really. The 21st century has dawned and our sophisticated civilisations are readying themselves for apocolyptic war....or the rapture as they call it. Here is a disturbing article about how very powerful elements in the US are taking it all to heart.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1195568,00.html

Thing is....what has driven them to this?
    is it a backlash from years of what they believe was "hedonism" and a disregard for morals?
    Is it the water?
    Is it a few very influencial people leading all astray for their own purposes?
    Are they bored?
    Too much tele?
    Is it Charlton Hestons fault for being NRA spokesman and apperaing on TV movies as Biblical figures....that would confuse anyone?

Ireland was a Church State for years and....well we are a lot of things but there are a surprisingly minor number of Fundamentalists with this ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

Yet another example of americans taking thing too far and making stuff up if it doesn't fit the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Belief is primevil in the USA, makes the Cathoic church here seen enlightened alright. I cant remember the stat but I think something like 33% of the population there belives in armageddon

http://www.religioustolerance.org/canus_rel.htm

actaully its 42%!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

This is a manifesto and a half http://www.raptureready.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by mike65
    I cant remember the stat but I think something like 33% of the population there belives in armageddon

Depends if that means armageddon in a biblical sence but if it is ment in reality then surley 100% of people should belive in armageddon.

armegeddon = a catastrophic or extremly destrutive event.

Our sun will go nova. There that is 100% proof that armegeddon will happen and it has happened before with other suns going nova.

Is a nucular bomb considerd a extremly destrutive event? if so that has happened more then once.

So if only 33% of ppl belive in armegeddon then the other 67% are moronic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Armageddon (imo) is an event that causes the lives of 99% of the worlds human population to change for the worse which usually results in millions of deaths or for the planet to become unlivable. The sun going nova would do it as would a nuclear war.

Something along those lines for me. Ill let ya know when it happens :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Someone put a dragnet in the genepool please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

These guys think its going to happen tomorrow though..or the next day (after a harvest moon and Michael Jackson becomes Pope)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Someone put a dragnet in the genepool please.

Not drastic enough. Nuke the planet, keeping a select few of us (10,000? That should keep the gene pool diverse enough. We can engineer new ones if we need to anyway...) underground. Then send out the radiation eating bacteria. There you go, nice clean slate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Every party has it's "Fruitloop & Nutball" wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

organised religion is really really stupid, and to combine religion and government in this way is really reallly really stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Armageddon (imo) is an event that causes the lives of 99% of the worlds human population to change for the worse which usually results in millions of deaths or for the planet to become unlivable. The sun going nova would do it as would a nuclear war.

Something along those lines for me. Ill let ya know when it happens :p

according to the dictionry
    armegeddon = a catastrophic or extremly destrutive event.

and yes 2 whoever said it orginsihed religon is stupid - so is any type of religion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

i blame bike helmets

Advertisement