Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epicurean Food Hall

Options
  • 29-04-2004 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Never knew this place existed until I read about it here as I would seldomly be down around Liffey St. Had a day off today though and I went down to check it out. All I can say is it's the dogs bollocks!! Couldn't get over the variety of different places to eat from, and the variety of food on offer.. Will definitely be making sure to pop down again when ever I get a chance.
    Had a lovely pannini from La Corte there today. Still can't believe I never knew about the place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't like the place at all! Any food I've had there has been fine, but I find it a very uncomfortable place. And since Burdocks opened, the whole common area smells of fish & chips. And Lindens wins shop has gone too which is a shame. They had the very nicest staff and a few interesting wines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

Yeah La Corte are pretty great really, but have to say I agree since Burdocks opened i cant spend much time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

There are 4 buffets (indian, italian, greek & chinese) operating in the Epicurean, and all 4 are charging EXACTLY the same prices, i.e.

€9.50 for "all you can eat" (large plate)
    €7.00 for "one time only" (smaller plate)

If there are separate companies, surely this hints that there is price fixing going on?

Even if they are the same company, does appearing to trade as 4 separate buffets mean the same rule applies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

LOVE La Corte & Taco Taco. Don't really go near any of the rest of them. Is Christophes still there? And It's Bagel moved to Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Biff11

Christophes is gone.

IMO the standard of food has gone downhill greatly in the last few years. It used to high quality fresh type food but now it's very processed unhealthy type place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

taco taco is the best mexican food in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

This place is awful, I was in it once and would never bother returning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Biff11 wrote: »
    Christophes is gone.

IMO the standard of food has gone downhill greatly in the last few years. It used to high quality fresh type food but now it's very processed unhealthy type place.

Totally agree with you. my work keeps me in the city center a lot and i always used to pop into the food hall for Christophe's. I kind of got to know him and the other fella Joe.

The food hall just isn't the same anymore, it seems to offer the kind of food you'd throw into yourself at 4am after a feed of pints.

Christophes up in smithfield is still as good though, was in there recently with the family

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

RoadRunner wrote: »
    taco taco is the best mexican food in ireland
    No its not, its at my house :D

Actually there is a stall at the Temple Bar food markets on Saturdays that does proper Mexican food and on Lord Edward street, opposite copper alley is possibly the best actual Mexican restaurant in Ireland. Mainly a lunch place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Crepes and Creme was the best place in there. Not for the food, for the two girls that used to work there.......

I worked on Liffey Street years ago and ate there all the time, not mad on it now at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

giftgrub wrote: »
    The food hall just isn't the same anymore, it seems to offer the kind of food you'd throw into yourself at 4am after a feed of pints.

Perhaps, but it's better than the food court in the nearby Jervis Centre, which is one fast food chain after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Biff11 wrote: »
    Christophes is gone.

Completely agree----

Cavistons: gone
    It's a Bagel: gone
    Christophes: gone

Replaced by a chipper at the front door and a load of all you can eat buffets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I'll echo the criticisms above. It's been steadily declining in the last 3/4 years. There's been so many open and then closed a short while later, what do you call them? eh... food shops? There was some place called Falafel but I only ever saw it open once, the place that does baked spuds has been about half a dozen other things lest even a wine bar!

The Mexican place is gorgeous but their prices have gone up over the years and the quality necessarily hasn't. Lovely staff though. I'm assuming they're actually Mexican.

Advertisement