Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help looking for small mobile

Options
  • 29-04-2004 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm looking at buying a new mobile but dont know where to start looking.

Everything in the shops seems so dear, anyone know good sites for mobiles (un-locked or vodafone).

I was looking for something small with the buttons covered, camera i wont need just a mobile that does the normal things.
    Something with a large phonebook capacity and a speaker to.

Anyone have/know a phone that will suit my requirements

Thanks,

Fred

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

If you're with Vodafone then you're best off getting a phone with Vodafone as oppose to SIM free. Since most phones are GPRS and MMS enabled these days all Vodafone mobiles are configured for Vodafone Live! services. If you got a SIM free phone you'd have to input the GPRS settings yourself, have their customer care configure you for GPRS and if the phone you got wasn't supported on their network then all this would be a waste of time anyway. Also buying SIM free means you wont have access to the propper Vodafone Live menu and none of those additional services can be guarenteed. To be totally honest you're always best off getting phones which are supported by the network you're with, the only disadvantage being that they're usually locked. If I were you I'd shop around with all three networks as Vodafone are a complete rip off anyway. Also, I wouldn't bother shopping around for phones, there's not much of a saving to be made anywhere really.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

The Siemens SL55 is the smallest phone I have used that meets the spec you outlined. But it costs nearly EUR 150 in most shops.

more:
    http://irish.typepad.com/irisheyes/2003/10/siemens_handset.html

I has proved to be very durable after more than six months of hard use.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

if he's not interested in a camera then he probably doesn't care about vodafone live either....

i bought my mobile off livetelecom.com and when I got it I made a saving of €80 compared to other sites, there may not be much of a difference when buying from the shops but there certainly is when buying sim free ;)

Advertisement