Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers.co.uk selling mailing lists?

Options
  • 30-04-2004 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have an email address I use only for important things like when ordering new toys off the web, and for the 5 years I've used it I've never had a problem with spam. All of a sudden I'm getting a dozen or so unwanted emails a day, and to my knowledge the only people I've given the address to in the last 6 months is Overclockers.co.uk.

Has anyone else experienced an upsurge in spam after submitting an email address to them with an order?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Yeah...i'm getting a lot of ****e recently...signed up a couple of weeks ago....

p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I sincerely doubt it. I've been dealing with OCUK for a few years and to be honest, they are one of the more professional outfits.

What is far more liely, is that the latest rash of email viruses have harvested your emails from infected machines.

Most of these viruses are not designed to piss people off, their main purpose is to generate vast lists of valid email addresses to sell on to evil spammer b*stards. This is a far more likely vector for your spam.

LD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by Lorddrakul
    I
    Most of these viruses are not designed to piss people off, their main purpose is to generate vast lists of valid email addresses to sell on to evil spammer b*stards.
    LD

that wouldnt piss people off?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yeah....it's pissing me off!!!!:D

Sounds like a more likely explaination...as overclockers come across as a decent organisation....but then, some people say the same about Microsoft.....:p

p

Advertisement