Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbed Threads

Options
  • 30-04-2004 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is possible already but if it is how do you do it, if not would it be possible to do?

I want to be able to Subscribe automatically to threads that I reply to but that are not in forums in my subbed list (if they are it shouldn't make a difference anyway). I also don't want an email to tell me someone has replyed.

From my rumaging I can subscribe to the thread by pressing the "subscribe to this thread" button. This seems to automatically send me email updates even though i've email updates turned off in my user options. Having to press this button is a little annoying. As are the email notifications when someone replies. Maybe it could be an option in the user options?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This is a limitation of vbulletin. e-mail notifications and subscriptions are the same thing. vb3 is more fine grained in its notification options.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Imposter
    As are the email notifications when someone replies.
    If you log out you only get one email until you log in again. If you stay logged in you get an e-mail every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

or sometimes you get multiple emails even when you are logged out well i do anyway

Advertisement