Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask About Money Website?

Options
  • 30-04-2004 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know what happened to the Ask About Monet website :confused:? It cannot be accessed yesterday or today. Great site and highly recommended if it returns.

Logo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Maybe a Bank made them an offer they could not refuse :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Hi Logo,

I'm suffering serious 'AskAboutMoney' withdrawal symptoms. I know some of their mods post on boards.ie and that if they know more they might post here.

As for "Ask About Monet" - a damn fine painter.

RevBJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by RevBlueJeans
    I know some of their mods post on boards.ie

I Think I know of one of their mods who posts here but it only comes over here to act superciliously , never helpfully . As long as it avoids pimping (which it has) I'll ignore it .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

RainyDay posts here regularly.
    Perhaps pm him!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by 80project
    RainyDay posts here regularly.
    Perhaps pm him!?

Is that not a her?

I checked www.askaboutmoney.com and it says it is down for essential mainenance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Logo
    Hi,

Anyone know what happened to the Ask About Monet website :confused:? It cannot be accessed yesterday or today. Great site and highly recommended if it returns.

Logo

ezboard, who hosts the forums are currently working on moving their servers I beleive

Check http://www.ezboard.com/update.html for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm not sure if I'm the female supercilious pimp referred to above, but yes, I am a mod at Askaboutmoney.com. Our hosts at ezboard.com were down for maintainance which dragged out a bit longer than expected. But we are back up and running since Friday.

However, if you had bookmarked our old ezboard URL, it is no longer valid. So go to www.askaboutmoney.com and you should find us ok.

Best regards - RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Thanks RainyDay,
    Now that the natural order has been restored....

RevBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NewGrad

Hi,
    sorry for posting this here, but I am not getting anywhere with askaboutmoney.com and I thought there may be a few users on here.

I have registered a new account and was waiting for the activation e-mail.
    Did not receive it, went back to site to resend it 3 times - no luck.
    I have checked spam filter, so its not getting blocked.
    I have tried 3 browsers (chrome, IE, Firefox) - no joy.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there some way to contact some one on the site who can set my status to fully registered.
    I have tried the "contact us" link, but it seems to only generate a standard reply that states the site is run by volunteers and does not provide direct support.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

6.5 years later!

What user name did you try to register with on AAM?

Did you try posting your query in the How to use AAM forum? Did you read the 'Why can't I post' thread in that forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

probably an incorrect email was registered - happens so often (and a lot more than you'd think)

usually simple errors such as the last letter not being registered, a comma instead if a stop etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

NewGrad wrote: »
    Hi,
    sorry for posting this here, but I am not getting anywhere with askaboutmoney.com and I thought there may be a few users on here.

I have registered a new account and was waiting for the activation e-mail.
    Did not receive it, went back to site to resend it 3 times - no luck.

Perhaps they've started pre-emptive banning, "Minority Report" style. Saves time.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

oceanclub wrote: »
    Perhaps they've started pre-emptive banning, "Minority Report" style. Saves time.

P.

lol :D

whats the deal with their moderators?? gas isnt it, they are very condescending...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bunkbedman

AAM are a shower of absolute dictators.....I posted a couple of times over the years usually to debates on popular financial topics, this one time I was involved in a thread where one of the moderators had given totally incorrect and inappropriate financial advice so I checked them! I told them it was irresponsible to give advice of this nature and advised the poster to disregard..result they banned me for life. I used no bad language etc just merely stated it was not good to get important advice on websites from unqualified people and whoosh... banned for life!
    I couldn’t be bothered masking my IP and going back on as frankly the site is a whole collection of egotistical control freaks that make the experience less than pleasant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

agree - their way or nobody's way. If you show any lack of knowedge of a topic you get involved with you are shot down very quickly.

If you even suggest a commercial site, you're accused of being involved with it.

With the exception of a few financial topics, its fairly dead anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

AAM is a fairly dead site - I don't even have the heart or inclination to troll there anymore - but interestingly it does track the zeitgeist of the uninformed consumer. 4 years ago, it was full of people asking for advice about property purchases. Now, it's full of people asking for advice about financial troubles; negative equity, bankruptcy "tourism", and so on. For people who aren't that informed, it's still the first stop on the web for them.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

bunkbedman wrote: »
    AAM are a shower of absolute dictators.....I posted a couple of times over the years usually to debates on popular financial topics, this one time I was involved in a thread where one of the moderators had given totally incorrect and inappropriate financial advice so I checked them! I told them it was irresponsible to give advice of this nature and advised the poster to disregard..result they banned me for life. I used no bad language etc just merely stated it was not good to get important advice on websites from unqualified people and whoosh... banned for life!
    Any chance of a link to the thread in question, or to your profile on AAM and we can check it out for ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

I have been banned twice for 24 hours on AAM for advertising. I don't do anything differently on AAM then I do on Boards.ie. I did post an event which mentioned a website and in the other post for which I was banned I mentioned (purely by way of explanation) that I am a freight forwarder. It looks to me that MODs are extremely strict and that it is very easy to fall foul of the rules of AAM. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    I have been banned twice for 24 hours on AAM for advertising. I don't do anything differently on AAM then I do on Boards.ie. I did post an event which mentioned a website and in the other post for which I was banned I mentioned (purely by way of explanation) that I am a freight forwarder. It looks to me that MODs are extremely strict and that it is very easy to fall foul of the rules of AAM. :confused:

So after they ban you, do they leave the "ad" up? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

DubTony wrote: »
    So after they ban you, do they leave the "ad" up? :D

Hi Dubtony,

no the post was removed on both ocassions ..........:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Seems to be hit by maleware

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for askaboutmoney.com

What is the current listing status for askaboutmoney.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
    Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 641 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 591 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-12-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-12-25.
    Malicious software includes 119 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.
    Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including smailyerikkins.biz/.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS31708 (COREIX-UK-AS).
    Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, askaboutmoney.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 2 site(s) including askaboutmoney.ie/, nettstedpark.com/.
    Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
    How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
    Next steps:
    Updated 2 hours ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement