Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The tide is turning!

Options
  • 30-04-2004 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Finally! just checked the driving test website(http://www.drivingtest.ie)and went to the waiting list section to check the time I'd be waiting. Found out I'd be waiting 34 weeks instead of the previously posted 44!(they updated it the 29th march) considering I'm a repeater (failed it once)I found this very good news! I was passing the test center the other night (long overdue practive,said I'd get back on the horse )and they were open, this was just b4 eightish.

It seems somethings goin right!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

get a letter from your boss on company headed paper and it will speed the process up much quicker.

when i failed the money racket, sorry the driving test i got a company letter and resat the test within 6 weeeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

do you actually need the car to work bop?

i did at the time but i got acces to the printed letterhead paper and did up a few copies for friends and they got bumped to the top of the list and tested within 6-8 weeks no questions asked (buy the test ppl)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Originally posted by bop1977
    i did at the time but i got acces to the printed letterhead paper and did up a few copies for friends and they got bumped to the top of the list and tested within 6-8 weeks no questions asked (buy the test ppl)

that's at odds with what a friend who works in the relevant section of the DOE told me. they get tons of "needed for work" letters and they are binned.

but are they on company letter headed paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The wait time for kilkenny has decreased by 5 weeks... now i only have to wait *51* weeks.

woo hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

yeah i actually submitted a "needed for work" letter which i do need, but only to get 2 and from (cos its out of the way and in the country )and they didn't actually process it, I rang them and they said it must be on headed company paper!(this wasnt on the application form..the forms are out of date)
    so I'm actually going to have to wait till july 4 it!but kinda suits me cos my exams are on now and I'll probably buy my own car after the summer anyway....
    I just find it a bit annoying, does anyone know anything about this committee set up to regulate the big long queues for the driving test?

Advertisement