Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hope Wasps lose HC Final

• 30-04-2004 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Wouldn't be able to stand seeing Wasps win the final, not with the illegal way with which they beat Munster in the semi. Watching Dallaglio constantly talking to the ref and lying on rucks was just too much. Heres hoping Toulouse can win the final.

Anybody else feel like this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

No.

Wasps play an aggressive and at times illegal defensive game, but to single them out for this in the modern game isn't entirely fair. Munster themselves (and indeed very many other teams at the top level) practice slowing the ball at breakdown by any means necessary. I agree Dallaglio should have been binned, he was by far the most blatant of all the players on the park in this regard.

It's the borderline offside aspect to their play that I'd be most concerned about, they are up very very fast. It has obviously worked well thus far, but one wonders if they might just run into the first referee to single them out for this in the final.

I'm a Munster fan, but I'll be wishing Wasps the best for the final for a few reasons. One, well they beat Munster and for me that's more a reason to hope they do it rather than fall at the final hurdle. Two: Any ill-wishes towards Wasps makes Munster look bad. Wasps were faster, tougher and more aggressive than us last weekend and they deserved to win the game. I don't want Munster's supporters to become the fans whose team would have won much more if only the other team hadn't been such dishonourable thieving b@stards (remember the Neil Back incident). Three: I have €10 on Wasps to win the HC outright at 3/1.

Face it, if Munster had gone to Twickenham last Sunday and overcome Wasps in a similarly aggressive and ruthless manner we'd be singing their praises and hailing them as our win-at-all costs heroes. Rugby is a tough game in all respects, leave the whining out. There has been far more unpleasantness displayed on the pitch by teams in the past, not least by the French.

Good luck Wasps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement