Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting on the heats....

Options
  • 30-04-2004 11:13am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For once I dont think we should bet on poker... Betting alters the way you should play as otherwise you are only looking to get into the top 3...when there is cash involved you are looking to win. If one heat bets and the other doesnt that will affect certain people I'm sure.

Now personally I'm so competitive that I wont be able to change from wanting to win anyway but its just something that crossed my mind. We should either all bet on the game or neither... plus it raises the cost of the BSOP entry which might be an issue for some people...

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Personally I think its a bad idea to have a seperate bet. As casper has said in another thread it really only serves to double the winnings of the top 3 - a seat in the final & cash.

What is more likely to happen is that the knocked out players start up a game. In a freeze out situation there is always a few that go out early - I would be surprised if the heats actually get to the final levels without getting down to the final 3.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The freezeout should be over far quicker than our normal buy-in + top-up games
    plenty of time for side games to start after. Best to have uniform rules and set-ups for all the heats.

Advertisement