Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PRICK in UCD library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b
    I can and I just did. Trinity does unfortunantly have the occasional muppet but at least they knew better than to go to UCD. I mean, really.

you're blatantly just a troll who knows nothing but that is ok, feel free to bath in your ignorance. let it bask and wash all over you can feel empowered with everything you don't know. one day the folly of your stereotypes will become apparent.

ah screw this you're a fucking idiot, now i feel better.

i await the come back where i will be no doubt stabbed with your rapier wit.

please don't hurt me

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Having experienced both UCD and Trinity (I go to UCD, but I've been to plenty of Trinity lectures, just because I love learning THAT much), my opinion is that Trinity lectures are better, but the overall structure, social aspect, and the teaching in UCD is better. There's a lot of people that I wouldn't like in UCD, same with Trinity. Brings back a memory of sitting outside the Pav last summer with one of these "West Brits" shouting down to some scumbags "you ****ing homosexual, you blatantly stole my phone". Myself and my friends just couldn't hold ourselves back from slagging the guy, but he didn't say anything to us. He really was one of the most pathetic people I had ever seen. I'm not saying all Trinners are like that, cos they're not, but this guy in his blazer definitely was.

Which brings me back to the UCD library. Librocop wasn't doing his job correctly the whole time, cos that night of the library sleepover, he let in one of my friends, who goes to Trinity. Should have pointed that out the next day and shamed him, maybe he would have quit with the embarassment and we wouldn't have this thread now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Originally posted by cheesedude
    this guy is not black. Its obvious.

hmmm.. its funny how I have to prove i'm black! or maybe its just cheesedude's way of protecting his ideal image of irelang being a homogenous nation of white people!

well, cheesedude am I right? i'd really like to know?

Originally posted by Dataisgod

ah screw this you're a fucking idiot,

Say that to him again and i'll demand your student card!, Send a file to the registrar, and kick you off this forum!!!! :), i'm messin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Originally posted by Superman
    hmmm.. its funny how I have to prove i'm black! or maybe its just cheesedude's way of protecting his ideal image of irelang being a homogenous nation of white people!

well, cheesedude am I right? i'd really like to know?

i think he's probably just shocked at the fact that u decided to presume the guy in the library was picking on u because of ur colour.

ur the only one making race an issue.

yeah i'm black, Just thought i'd put it in, I have never ever played the race card.

peachypants, I was poking fun at cheesedude cause he actually said "this guy is not black. Its obvious. ", nothing got to do with me playn race card.

anyways back to the D4 argument :), what do you think of the new life size golden statue of tony o'Reilly?
    Apperently the money was raised by some 'well to do' west brit millionaires, in honour of there hero's memory, but they have no idea where to place it.

So far it is either going to be in:

1. the friscati centre
    2. Brown thomas
    3. split up into smaller statues and put in perk cafe's.

i think its great! give's dublin a real landmark!

i thinks its cause i'm black he stopped me

never played the race card eh? :rolleyes:

anyway as for the statue......i reckon anything is better than that poxy spike! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Well my dear Data,
    Ignorance is sadly unable to indulge in basking, so what you should have said is that I could bathe or bask in my ignorance, allowing it to wash over me, but having the benefit of an education at halls other than the University of Culchie Degenerates, I am quite able to extrapolate your meaning.

As for the folly of my stereotyping, it should be obvious that he who is most egregiously guilty of stereotyping is the ineffable Superman, who believes that the honest librarian is beneath him, despite the simplistic facts of his own behaviour proving conclusively that the inverse is the actuality. Were self-criticism a larger part of the faculty of knowledge handed down by the... for want of a more belittling term, fellows, of the University then perhaps Superman and his ilk would be less prone to this sort of delusional behaviour and those like me could take a little rest from reminding the good denizens of the largest cattle ranch in the pale of their true place in the social order.

I am, as ever,
    Your humble servant,
    The Slut Monkey enumerated at 57 beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b

As for the folly of my stereotyping, it should be obvious that he who is most egregiously guilty of stereotyping is the ineffable Superman, who believes that the honest librarian is beneath him.

Indeed superman is guilty of that out lined by yourself above. however he is not as shamelessly guilty of stereotyping as your humble self who classes a much larger group of people as muppets, no exceptions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yeah i'm black, Just thought i'd put it in, I have never ever played the race card.

so why mention it??
    doh!:p

superman get overyourself seriously

what you got thrown out of a library becasue of talking how dare they they throw ME out!! there all stupid librarians anyway, what losers have a job like that eh!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

as i said get over yourself!

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    Indeed superman is guilty of that out lined by yourself above. however he is not as shamelessly guilty of stereotyping as your humble self who classes a much larger group of people as muppets, no exceptions.

totally agree with data. im sorry lads but i seriously cant understand how somebody can dislike somebody because they attend a different university!!

its playground bullshít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It's better than listening to people argue about their favourite football team.

i'd prefer that to be honest. seems like a more credible argument.

Originally posted by peachypants
    its playground bullshít.

well said!, Some people take themselves very seriously!

Slutmonkey57b, mad props for your use of all those big word! (even though you used them to poke fun at me and my "ilk" :))

jank,i nevered played the race card for real, like in school or with garda (i know better :)). I agree being librocop is a loser job , but only when you take it seriously! like your man did. I already said, I think the beardy guy is sound.

I stereotype a bit, but always give people a chance to prove me wrong!

I agree being librocop is a loser job , but only when you take it seriously! like your man did.

well thats cos he's not working for his dad and therefore cant take the píss AND get his wages. and thats not directed at everyone from the southside thats directed at YOU.

you shouldnt look down on people because of their job. somebody has to do it.

of course everyone has to do there job, but remember its not what you do its the way that you do it!

how come you think everyone on southside works for their dad? and get's paid for it?

man seriously, the guy was doing his job properly. u were wrong get over it!

cant believe this thread is still going. oh and theres a difference between "just playin" and making urself look like an arrogant git.

yeah peachypants, we are both resonable people, so lets just agree to disagree!

this thread been on for ages cause of some ramble about math's and math's Physics, then there was the age old argument about D4.

it's funny how when you hold shift so you can write "d4" in capitals you get "D$".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hey hey hey, maths physics is to be respected and revered as the nerdishly difficult subject that it truly is around here!
    it's funny how when you hold shift so you can write "d4" in capitals you get "D$".

Indie'd!

I respect maths physics,i just don't have the brain for it :( Good ol' geography!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Superman, this thread was going nowhere in the first place, I left it open to see if you could admit you were wrong...Obviously I gave you too much credit.

You were told to leave because you broke the rules, yet you cant accept that.
    Temper tantrums wont get you anywhere in life, time to grow up.

Topic locked