Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were do u play nam?

Options
  • 30-04-2004 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wonderin where most people play nam as most times i check the irish server seems to be empty or very few people on it. atm I play on the EAUK or Jolt one's, but it can be very hit and miss as to what kind of game you get (for some reason everyone wants to be a US heli pilot).

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Viet navan after 9.00pm is usually almost full every night.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

I feel your pain Shank.

Viet-navan has it's quiet times of day and days of the week but when it gets going the people are good and there can be a fair amount of good humour.

You'll find a fair amount of [tig] clan people there but don't hold that against them, they aren't gods or anything that might ruin the game. They're generally good but nice people about it. I'm not one of them so I can say that truthfully.

There's a fair amount of flying done on that server and the US obviously dominate but there's a few people like me who've put in a fair amount of NVA time and we'll strip the skies of war-mongering fenians who are over-achieving.

There's usually a fair amount of communication through the F8 menu and when horribly losing, people will usually fight on to the EXCEPTIONALLY bitter end.

I've actually enjoyed a fair amount of 3-on-3 games and such, they can really be sweet. That's usually early-ish evening. There's people there that really think on their feet and make a good game of it, not mindless robots seeking the nearest flag or a high kill count.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Panzer81

You'll find a fair amount of [tig] clan people there but don't hold that against them, they aren't gods or anything

far from it we got our asses wiped in our first clan game the other night, but we live to fight another day

How did it go?
    Who whopped you?
    Give us the full run-down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

I'm usually knocking around viet navan from 12-4pm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Panzer81
    How did it go?
    Who whopped you?
    Give us the full run-down.

a french clan MDR, we didn't do too bad considering it was a first time but still.

was an 8v8 on lang vei and hastings. one round each as u.s and nva and we lost all of em. we where under heavy fire from the cobra on lang vei which was difficult to deal with. and one of or choppers go shot down straight away but we did manage to put up a good fight around the middle spawns. as u.s on this we started off alright but we got pushed back to the two west most outposts.

our best round was nva on hastings in which we took there air base straight away and held it. there was heavy fighting around the paddy field and fishing village and a very nice tnt move by tusky. we just needed one more flag to make em bleed and when the time ran out there wasn't that much in it.

as us here we never really got going they where quick off the mark and where good with the mig. twas a good experience though, we defo need better tactics and more teamwork it will all come in time.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

lo there :)

the pczone server tends to have good games, the viet-navan server is the lowest pinger but its too easy imo, either you're getting wiped or wiping, rarely a close game on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭red vex

anybody up for a game round six?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Aside from Viet-Navan, try any of the 7 Boomtown servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Dataisgod

our best round was nva on hastings in which we took there air base straight away and held it. there was heavy fighting around the paddy field and fishing village and a very nice tnt move by tusky. we just needed one more flag to make em bleed and when the time ran out there wasn't that much in it.

data

lol thanks for the mention ! Ever since that game ive been running around like a madman with TNT on public servers , I didnt realise how good it is if you manage to sneak up on enemy armour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i'm usually on viet-navan or one of the EAUK ones

as us here we never really got going they where quick off the mark and where good with the mig. twas a good experience though, we defo need better tactics and more teamwork it will all come in time.

data

Sounds like a wee bit o' fun.
    Were they good sports about it?

I was on Vietnavan once when whole load of [nRS](I think) guys joined and fought a team of [TIG] on Op Irving???

Of course there was muppety me sitting in the middle of the purely [nRS] team without a clue of what was happening other than there semed to be a few [TIG] in the house. :o
    At one late stage there was myself and two other people sitting on the temple hill with SA-7s, best air defense I've EVER seen.
    Jolly good fun but I'd imagine there's serious nutcases out there to take it unbelievably seriously and crush mortal players.

Advertisement