Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics....

• 30-04-2004 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

A young boy goes to his father and asks, "What is Politics?"

Dad says,

"Well, son, let me explain it this way...I am the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me Capitalism".

"Your mom, she's the administrator of the household, so we'll call her the Government."

"We're here to take care of you, so we'll call you the People."

"The Nanny, well, she works hard all day for very little money, so we will call her the Working Class."

"And your baby brother-we'll call him TheFuture."

"Now think about that and see if it makes sense."

So the boy thinks about it as he is falling asleep. In the night, he hears his little brother crying, so he gets up to see what's wrong. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So he goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to disturb her, he goes to the nanny's room, but the door is locked.

Peeping through the keyhole, he sees his dad in bed with the nanny, so he gives up and goes back to bed.

Next morning he tells his father he thinks he understands the concept of politics.

"Really?" says his dad, "That was quick. Tell me, in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The young boy replies: "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep. The People are being ignored and the Future is in deep ****."

Comments

Advertisement