Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerdy gaming things you've done...

Options
  • 30-04-2004 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

I just ordered this CD... just wondered has anyone else got anything similarly nerdy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I dont see that as being nerdy, if you like the music, why not buy the cd. Its just like buying a soundtrack from a film i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I did an all nighter playing battlefield in some net cafe awhile back.

Twas early morning, nothing much about while I was waiting at the bus stop, when this fella came around the corner on a bike I jumped and nearly raised my arms to shoot him:D

Nearly said "lol" to someone on the street one time aswell:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    I just ordered this CD... just wondered has anyone else got anything similarly nerdy?
    the talon overworld 2 music from metroid prime is at the top of my most frequently played mp3's list.
    nothing wrong with buying the soundtrack, i would have done the same if i had cash to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I have the bf1942 main tune as my ringtone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Wow, you've got me really tempted by that cd... Phendrana Rifts is a beautiful piece of music thats been on my mp3 player for about 6 months now. Talking of game music I love the music from F-Zero GX, Customize and Big Blue are classics of our time. Also Sim City 4/Rush Hour has some great music, Epicentre, ElectriCity and the final track in 4 (17) spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had a nasty habit of resting in RPGs in dangerous areas specifically so I'd get ambushed and collect a little more XP. Am I going to Hell, daddy?

I also regularly listen to the CD music of Interstate '76, a gem of an old game with some awesome funk on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I got doom and cnc music in my play list :)

I once said "laughing my ass off". i got strange looks before they started to "lol".

EDIT: i once left the pub early cos i had a clan match. The shame (especially when me m8's found out why ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Can hum most of the transport tycoon tunes :)

Way too much time playing that game

ohhhh and tetris too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have final fantasy ringtones, have a large collection of original and orchestrated game music on mp3s, had a few all nighters and lan parties and also payed over 80 euros for xenogears and suikoden on ebay. Please don't label me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I have Tetris as my ring tone.

I bought a PS2 on the day of it's launch.

Not really nerdy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I have Mario and Legend of Zelda ringtones.

I made boards.ie skins for The Sims and put them in my member space for people to download. Look here

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i bought a playable ocarina

think the site was http://www.songbirdocarina.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Have spent over 97 hours playing two player tetris in the last 6 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

boards-fir.jpg

Anyone else think this guy looks kinda like devore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I kept dogmeat alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Anyone else think this guy looks kinda like devore

Well, if he does, it's only a coincidence. There is software that allows you to make Sim heads out of photographs but I don't think I'm quite nerdy enough to make Sim charaters with genuine boards.ie admin faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by simu
    so do i.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by simu
    Yeah, had saria's song, goron mountain theme and bobomb battlefield on my old phone. And I grew up on sega games.......if only i could get a green hill zone ringtone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm killed the emerald and ruby weapons on FF7, that took a lot of effort. imported FF XI (never imported a game before).

spend ridculous amounts of time getting gold in all the licences on the original gran turismo.

gave out to my mate last night for dragging me away from a night in playing bf: vietnam as he popped the its my birthday you gotta come out and i was all set up to kill, kill, kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Dataisgod

gave out to my mate last night for dragging me away from a night in playing bf: vietnam as he popped the its my birthday you gotta come out and i was all set up to kill, kill, kill.

now that is extremely lame :)

• Advertisement

I didn't particularly like those Mario Ice-creams but still bought them out of loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    I didn't particularly like those Mario Ice-creams but still bought them out of loyalty.

Hehe, I remember them. I can't remember if I liked them or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I say lol on a regular basis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Ive got FF7 ringtones and I imported the halo soundtrack cd. I also have all three halo books. Wouldn't say its nerdy but I suppose I wouldn't brag about it either.

Are those books worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The first one "The fall of reach" is a prequel to the game and its really good.
    The second one "The Flood" is basically a transcript of the game with only a little added and because of this is quite boring.
    The third one "First strike" is again very good. It deals with the immediate aftermath of the events in the game.
    Both the first and third books are written by a guy called Eric Nylund and he does them very well. Worth getting. You could give the second one a miss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Not only did i beat ruby and emerald weapon, I also beat Omega weapon from 8 and Ozma from 9. I've played through fallout 2 killing everyone I meet. I've even gotten eight of the twenty six dirrerent endings for Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. I own both tyrian and tyrian 2000 and have finished evry extra version of the arcade mode on suicide difficulty. Hell in freelancer i spent hours getting friendly/neutral with every faction except the Xenos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

In chronological order, i own:
    Atari 2600, atari st, mega drive, ps1, game boy colour, dreamcast, ps2, gamecube, xbox, sega saturn, amiga 600, snes, game boy advance. (chronologically the order in which they were bought, not released).
    I also have a collection of game models, Kasumi from doa, jill valentine, zombie cop, licker, hunter and wesker from Res evil, fortune from MGS2, Ivy and nightmare from soul calibur..possibly more. I am teh UBER NERD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I bunny hopped down Grafton street while hammered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I have the jenova music from ff7 as my ringtone, spent €300 on old ps1 rpgs before christmas, I to have killed every living creature in fallout 2, I also done a few unreleased mods for klingon academy.

Am I a bad person?

Advertisement