Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been banned from After Hours. Why??

Options
  • 30-04-2004 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hello...

I've been banned from After Hours. I have no idea why. I don't insult people or try to cause trouble.

Yes, people disagree with some of my views on things, but this is hardly a banning offence. I mean, this is a discussion forum, right?

Most of my posts are very reasonable.

Should Johnny Versace be banned from After Hours? 67 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 67 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I didn't invent the game, i just roll the dice trying to get some change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH Johnny, I asked the same question in IRC this very day. No one could tell me, then again it was 8.30 am

John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

You were banned for your period thread, which was moved from PI to AH. This wasn't made clear by the Mod who moved it and it looked like you'd posted re: periods in AH (without reason relevant to AH). AFAIK.

IMO ur reinstatement should be forthcoming.
    E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Oh look, a poll, how cute.

I can see a mod changing his mind when the poll shows everyone wants you back...

oh wait..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

looks like that to me guys.

You cant ban someone for their point of view, unless you want everyone's point of view to be the same.

if the latter is the case, then the whole boards idea is a waste of time.

I thought it was a place where people could voice their opinions without petty actions such as banning et cetera...

i will only agree with valid reasons on this one guys...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Ahh. But my period thread was serious. And I did post it in Personal Issues.

Hmmm. We shall see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

You were banned for trolling, I'll let you back in a week but if you do it again I'll perm ban you.

I’ve spoken with Monty and he agrees with me on this, so cop on and stop regaling us with your heroic tales of sexual conquests/ fire arm use/ underworld connections etc etc etc. Also learn to back down when you are blatantly losing an argument.

When was I trolling????? Could you give me an example please?

That argument regarding cheating, it was agreed that my posts had been misread.
    Originally posted by The FANJ
    You were banned for trolling, I'll let you back in a week but if you do it again I'll perm ban you.

I’ve spoken with Monty and he agrees with me on this, so cop on and stop regaling us with your heroic tales of sexual conquests/ fire arm use/ underworld connections etc etc etc. Also learn to back down when you are blatantly losing an argument.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by adonis
    i will only agree with valid reasons on this one guys...

*sniff* *sniff*

Hmm....

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    When was I trolling????? Could you give me an example please?

I don't actually think you do it on purpose. I think you actually think you're posts are ok and interesting and relevant. They're not though. a week off won't be anyone's loss.

• Advertisement

you cant just say that to someone

"learn to back down when you are losing an argument"

Its ridiculous and reeks of fascism.
    What if you had said that to Nelson Mandela, or all those people that died for their ideals?
    Dont get me wrong i am not associatiang Versace, the common thug, with those venerable folk. The premise, though, is the same...

Surely a warning about trolling should be in place before a ban is?

*sniff* *sniff*

Hmm....????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Hey, this is a discussion forum.

You only want one view/opinion on things?

This place would be a little bit boring, don't you think?

And to say my posts are not relevant. I somehow get the feeling there is a personal gripe here...

Originally posted by ecksor
    I don't actually think you do it on purpose. I think you actually think you're posts are ok and interesting and relevant. They're not though. a week off won't be anyone's loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

bit unfair tbh. FREE JOHNNY!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

you know Johnny if you were a bit more tactful and pm'ed one of the mods instead of starting this stupid poll they probably would have unbanned you by now

Ahhh don't be so serious... It's just a poll...
    Originally posted by tuxx
    you know Johnny if you were a bit more tactful and pm'ed one of the mods instead of starting this stupid poll they probably would have unbanned you by now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

wow, banning one of the few boards posters who actually contributes something funny and worth reading on a regular basis, for doing just that... bravo!

i'm clapping really, really slowly right now

The only reason you could think I had a personal gripe against you would be because I banned you from College Work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by kaids
    wow, banning one of the few boards posters who actually contributes something funny and worth reading on a regular basis, for doing just that... bravo!
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

• Advertisement

Nope. On the few occassions you have spoken to me, either by PM or in public, you have always been extremely negative.
    The only reason you could think I had a personal gripe against you would be because I banned you from College Work?

I'm willing to believe that. I suppose it depends on your definition of 'personal gripe'. Everyone who feels they've been treated unfairly by me comes to the conclusion I have a personal gripe against them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I must have been reading different boards! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by kaids

i'm clapping really, really slowly right now
    Kaids, you're posting in the wrong thread. This thread is about the banning of Johnny Versace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by ixoy
    Kaids, you're posting in the wrong thread. This thread is about the banning of Johnny Versace.
    Yeah, the Sangre one is long gone..

When did you ban him from college work? Thanks for informing me.

John

I believe it was when you were away and asked for someone to keep an eye on the forum. I was going to unban him in a few months anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Programmer

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    I must have been reading different boards! :rolleyes:

You must have. I also like his posts.

as far as i can see there are a couple of reasonable people here..

and then there are the other people.

Its obvious there is a personal thing here...but hey, lets not be childish.
    it always happens...

as clint eastwood once said

"absolute power corrupts absolutely"

• Advertisement

No worries, just wondering

John

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement