Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been banned from After Hours. Why??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

pubic opinion is very important...
    everyone needs to bow to pubic opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

can make you moody tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Whats happening here lately ? This appears to be misunderstanding, Gordon has stated that he had no problem with Johnny's posts but moved this one to what he thought a more appropriate forum which ends up getting the guy banned.

IF that is the reason for the ban is nobody big enough to admit they made a mistake and unban him, If there is another reason he should to be told, personally I look on him as the boards agony aunt and find the tales of his one man crusade at keeping the ladies happy amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Thank you! :D

But over 60% of people think the mistake should result in my banning...

:confused:
    Originally posted by The Muppet
    Whats happening here lately ? This appears to be misunderstanding, Gordon has stated that he had no problem with Johnny's posts but moved this one to what he thought a more appropriate forum which ends up getting the guy banned.

IF that is the reason for the ban is nobody big enough to admit they made a mistake and unban him, If there is another reason he should to be told, personally I look on him as the boards agony aunt and find the tales of his one man crusade at keeping the ladies happy amusing.

banning = more fun than not banning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    Thank you! :D

But over 60% of people think the mistake should result in my banning...

:confused:

don't mind them they're just jealous of your legendary Stud Muffin status.

can i change my vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Moriarty,

Quote you: " It's not like After Hours is a bastion of interesting chat, now is it ?... Best avoided TBH " end quote.

A bit of an off-topic generalisation, that comment, and a bit below the belt and tasteless imo, tut,tut, :confused:

Certainly has little or nothing to do with J.V's Poll or this, his thread.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the After Hours forum. It's popularity would appear to confirm that I am not alone in my opinion.

P.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is somewhere for everyone in the world.

AH is rough and tumble and I trust the mods there sufficiently to give them a lot of free reign. Mr Versace didnt honestly do much wrong this time, but thats not to say he hasnt walked a very fine line from time to time, in fact most of the time.

I dont take note of votes (I always find it charming when people post them...) so I'm not taking note of the fact that 3:2 people think Mr Versace should be banned!

If the ban were permanent I'd reverse it. As it is it's for a week from one board, so I'm leaving it in the hands of the moderators of AH. I can think of at least 3 posts I'd have banned him from AH for before, so in this jungle court its probably fair enough.

To stop this from happening again I'll ask the PI mods to note where a thread is contentious and being moved from PI for unsuitability so that its clear if it wasn't posted in its new home originally....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah yes, people being banned for being themselves, whats next, banning people who are not as witty as people like ....syke

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've banned many people before this for "being themselves" and you didnt disagree with at least some of those because you didnt like them or felt it appropriate.
    There's a kitchen utensil on line 2!

Mr Versace's repeated tales of his sexual exploits, underworld connections and questionable morals are tiresome and might be better contained or left on his website. I dont doubt that he makes some interesting threads though so rather then banning him from the board/site I think a short timeout (and feedback from this thread) might be exactly whats needed. His own vote here should give him some idea that "being himself" isn't endearing him to others...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

After Hours may be slightly less interesting this week

all different opinions are needed to make this place interesting

Originally posted by KlodaX
    After Hours may be slightly less interesting this week

all different opinions are needed to make this place interesting

Agreed but its like a party... everyone gets to dance but if you have someone who insists on breakdancing during the slowset for attention, you tend not to invite them the next time... you would at least tap them on the shoulder and say "could you kinda, *not* do that mate?".

I'm not Soloman, I'm trying to find the middle path here.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Originally posted by DeVore

I'm not Soloman

NOOOOOO...

Don't shatter all my illusions:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

His own vote here should give him some idea that "being himself" isn't endearing him to others...

Something good may come of it all yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It would appear that most people don't mind Johnny being banned as they think he's a bit of a donkey. I don't personally think he should have been banned for this particular post, but I don't think a week's rest will do him any grievous harm either. Also, Johnny, you should probably have PM'd the mod in question to see what the craic was before posting a whiny poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by DeVore
    Mr Versace's repeated tales of his sexual exploits, underworld connections and questionable morals are tiresome and might be better contained or left on his website.

Couldn't agree more!!

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    I have russian mafia friends

:rolleyes:

everyone gets to dance but if you have someone who insists on breakdancing during the slowset for attention, you tend not to invite them the next time

:D brilliant analogy

some people dane to a differnt beat....

and all that jazz!!!

doesnt mean they should be thrown out...

if they turn around and glass you in the face for tapping them on the shoulder... now thats a different matter

there is no such thing as inappropriate breakdancing

theres always time to pull off a few windmills or body pops, if you've got the moves, why waste them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Maybe a pub(l)ic health notice attached to Mr Versache would be beneficial. Renaming him "Walter Mitty", maybe? :D

• Advertisement

how about opening a sex forum .. and appointing JV the mod? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by KlodaX
    how about opening a sex forum .. and appointing JV the mod? ;)

Are you one of his "many conquests" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Is anyone else getting the "Save Endangered Wildlife" ad from google?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Free Johnny!

er hang on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

I don't know.. get off his back.. everyone has diff opinions.. if we were all the same we'd sleep at the pc.. lighten up.. his stories are funny, even if sometimes unbelieveable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by TacT
    Free Johnny! er hang on...
    Not quite the image I initally had in mind, but not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well it brought a smile to my face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

LOL at Victors attachment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I think we can all look back at the thread and concluded that the worst thing to come out of this, otherwise uneffective, thread is the arrival of joe_chicken...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I think the worst thing to come out of this thread is the attidude that if we dont like someone, its ok to ban them for a mistake that a moderator made.

Isnt aol.ie fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement