Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been banned from After Hours. Why??

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Well, that too, but sure we'll worry about joe_chicken for now. He might like the Simpsons too, ya never know...

/edit - I was going to leave it at that, but hell...
    I agree with you Dustaz, but if I start to state my opinion, which will undoubtedly conflict with the mods in question, then they are going subliminally have a gripe with me, which will nobody any good, seeing as their ears are closed to reason a lot of the time anyway.

In many cases, humble pie needs to be chewed a bit more before it can be swallowed.

/sinecure walks away from this topic...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I request that I also be banned from after hours, in protest of this abuse of power.

come brothers, rise with me! monty can't ban us all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

/sinecure pops his head round the door before leaving
    Originally posted by Mordeth

No but Ecksor will take great joy in doing it for him.
    /sinecure runs away quickly

if ecksor bans half as good as he dances, we're in serious **** boys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Word up.

Well the weeks ban is nearly over so we'll let it rest... ww)

BTW, when someone's talking about sex, and I give my opinion based on my experience, why do so many people get angry? It can only be jealousy.

And the "I have mafia friends" is clearly a joke. Just like my sig. Get it? It's funny.

Some people here need to lighten up! Seriously...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I agree with you Johnny. I alwayz thought your posts were funny.
    Originally posted by Dustaz
    I think the worst thing to come out of this thread is the attidude that if we dont like someone, its ok to ban them for a mistake that a moderator made.

Exactly. The abuse of power in boards.ie is reaching new heights all the time. Just take a look at the Carlow IT Board. Or take a look at my thread on this board complaining about my ban from the Carlow IT board. Mods were allowed to flame me because my gripe was with another mod.
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I think we can all look back at the thread and concluded that the worst thing to come out of this, otherwise uneffective, thread is the arrival of joe_chicken...

:D ....thanks

i didnt really get the simpsons thing though
    Well, that too, but sure we'll worry about joe_chicken for now. He might like the Simpsons too, ya never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

i like your little dancing man....

he's funny....i like you

i still dont get the simpsons thing though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

why do so many people get angry?

Maybe it's because you won't shut up? Or is that just me?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    Maybe it's because you won't shut up? Or is that just me?

When people ask for an opinion on sex, I'll give mine. My opinion is just different because I'm experienced.

Yes, this will probably annoy you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Points johnny in the direction of buffybots tag line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

is this thread not finished?

we agree that the mods made a mistake and that pride is the only thing stopping them from reinstating johnny V to his lofted position in the hallowed halls of After Hours.

i dig joe chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think the worst thing to come out of this thread is the attidude that if we dont like someone, its ok to ban them for a mistake that a moderator made.

GASP!!! . . . that couldn't happen could it ?? On boards.ie !!!!!!

The Muppet
    Er . .sorry Tinky

oops

ZENER

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by Mordeth

Actually, I created a new gadget for the soccer mods that will grant access to a forum to a list of people in one go. I'll make the 'monty mod' of allowing it to deny access in bulk too at some point.

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by tuxx
    you know Johnny if you were a bit more tactful and pm'ed one of the mods instead of starting this stupid poll they probably would have unbanned you by now

Id watch out he has RUssian mafia friends and i know where u live :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Joe... as you can see I offer good advice in matters concerning bannings and other such issues concerning the boardsie interweb law.

My rates are very reasonable. Gimme a call when you need me.... for I fear that day is approaching faster than you think...

suddenly you remind me of "Fernando Martinez, of Fernandos New Beginnings" from Chatterbox on GTA3.

are you from upstate merc? :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    When people ask for an opinion on sex, I'll give mine. My opinion is just different because I'm experienced.

Yes, this will probably annoy you.

See its just that you consistently and repeatedly ensure that everyone around here knows that you consider yourself "sexually experienced". Its kinda pathetic mate... *shrug*

And you know what I think?

I think you rarely hear a well fed man talk of food.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I'm starv'in ;)

• Advertisement

No, you're totally off the mark.

I give my opinion based on the topic. The usual bitchy "oh look at the stud" replies always follow, which I then defend myself by saying, "Look, if having sexual experience is weird to you, then I'm sorry."

If you actually read my replies and try to see them not in an angry/jealous/negative way, you'll see I'm on topic and just happen have had sex a bit, and don't feel ashamed of it.

There is nothing wrong with sex, and I really don't understand why everyone assumes I am lying or bragging.

Sex is normal. It's not something that should make you angry.

I don't get angry when people talk about FreeBSD or Linux or Star Trek. Why does me talking about sex bother you/so many people so much?

Really. Think about it.

Originally posted by DeVore
    See its just that you consistently and repeatedly ensure that everyone around here knows that you consider yourself "sexually experienced". Its kinda pathetic mate... *shrug*

And you know what I think?

I think you rarely hear a well fed man talk of food.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I think JV that the problem is that most people stopped having to listen to "Walter Mitty-esque" tales of sexual conquests in secondary school.

I wouldn't even see you as a troll but a very insecure man.

Maybe I'm wrong, but then maybe I know more about you than you think. ;)

You have read my sexual-style posts in relation to the topic they're in.

They are never random posts, but only when people are talking about sex/STD's/etc.

I would understand your point of view if I was randomly talking about shagging Asians or something, but if someone is talking about sex I'll give my opinion.

Yes, most people say, "I've had sex with my girlfriend blah blah", but if I then say "a girl I had sex with... and another ex I had sex with" people assume this is bragging, when in fact I'm just using more examples to get across my message.

The problem is defo that a lot of people are uncomfortable with sex.

If I was trying to brag I could brag. Believe me! :)
    Originally posted by syke
    I think JV that the problem is that most people stopped having to listen to "Walter Mitty-esque" tales of sexual conquests in secondary school.

I wouldn't even see you as a troll but a very insecure man.

Maybe I'm wrong, but then maybe I know more about you than you think. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Ahh I'm not one for getting personal, but can't you see a common factor in all your posts, where you try to bring them to a personal level? We've discussed this many times before.

If talking about sex and placing peoples comments beneath my posts is from "bad parenting/schooling/social abilities" as you suggest, then I really think you should be looking a little closer to home as to where the twat is here.

Also, I have poor social skills? Have you met me in real life? We are typing in a discussion forum.
    Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    No one has a problem with talking about sex Johnny.

Its just you. You are the bloke that when you join a table in the pub or what ever... after a little bit of you opening your gob... people start rolling their eyes at each other behind your back... then when they are meeting in the bog or up at the bar..they say things like " who invited that twat"

You lack social skills you see. And whats even worse ... you cant see it.

Plus you put your quotes under your "bit" which is a bit like commenting on say a tv or radio piece... then after you have finished saying your bit/comment... playing it back. Cart before the horse and all that.

Now a good start would be changing that minor faux pas....

Im all for defending innocent peole getting hard done on boardsie by but I make no excuse for your bad parenting/schooling/social abilities.

You have read my sexual-style posts in relation to the topic they're in.

They are never random posts, but only when people are talking about sex/STD's/etc.

I would understand your point of view if I was randomly talking about shagging Asians or something, but if someone is talking about sex I'll give my opinion.

Yes, most people say, "I've had sex with my girlfriend blah blah", but if I then say "a girl I had sex with... and another ex I had sex with" people assume this is bragging, when in fact I'm just using more examples to get across my message.

The problem is defo that a lot of people are uncomfortable with sex.

If I was trying to brag I could brag. Believe me! :)

Sure, ya see I *know* that several things you've claimed about yourself on boards are a lie or at the very least you've grossly mislead people as to some facts about yourself.

Which is fine and well, I reckon most people do it to some degree, either on purpose or through omission.

But for me, to see you mislead in one area so blatently, makes me seriously question any other claim you make, And then to see you give "experienced advice"on medical and sexual matters, which are often not only medically inaccurate but also downright irresponsible, labels you firmly in the "Muppet Queen" category of boards users in my opinion.

That last line is the pathetic immaturity that I mean. I know a **** load about certain stuff, but I (and most other people) don't go listing qualifications and exploits when I'm in debate or argument. Most posters don't "tell people how it is" because they try let their point of view stand up for itself, they try convince people with argument.

Perhaps if you focused more on constructing an argument and less on quoting your alleged vast "experience" as your source of knowledge, people might take your posts with an ounce of seriousness.

Syke I know you are referring to our discussion on HIV.

If you remember correctly your arguement was claiming that the CDC (cdc.gov) and the body (thebody.com) were incorrect on their HIV facts.

I was stating they weren't and basing my opinions on what I've read on those particular websites.

I'm obviously going to believe the American govenments research on HIV ahead of some guy who posts on boards. Don't you think that's reasonable?

Also, what facts have I mislead people about myself?
    Sure, ya see I *know* that several things you've claimed about yourself on boards are a lie or at the very least you've grossly mislead people as to some facts about yourself.

Which is fine and well, I reckon most people do it to some degree, either on purpose or through omission.

But for me, to see you mislead in one area so blatently, makes me seriously question any other claim you make, And then to see you give "experienced advice"on medical and sexual matters, which are often not only medically inaccurate but also downright irresponsible, labels you firmly in the "Muppet Queen" category of boards users in my opinion.

That last line is the pathetic immaturity that I mean. I know a **** load about certain stuff, but I (and most other people) don't go listing qualifications and exploits when I'm in debate or argument. Most posters don't "tell people how it is" because they try let their point of view stand up for itself, they try convince people with argument.

Perhaps if you focused more on constructing an argument and less on quoting your alleged vast "experience" as your source of knowledge, people might take your posts with an ounce of seriousness.

Syke I know you are referring to our discussion on HIV.

If you remember correctly your arguement was claiming that the CDC (cdc.gov) and the body (thebody.com) were incorrect on their HIV facts.

I was stating they weren't and basing my opinions on what I've read on those particular websites.

I'm obviously going to believe the American govenments research on HIV ahead of some guy who posts on boards. Don't you think that's reasonable?

Erm, I quoted about 10 current medical journals. You quoted an outdated report on a US website with little to know 3rd world emmigration problems, but in fact I wasn't specifically talking about HIV, I've seen you make factually incorrect errors on medical issues before, but usually someone started flaming you before I got there and to be honest, I wouldn't see your posts as worth correcting (and believe me, I'm a complete bastard for correcting mis-understood scienc eon boards).

Also, what facts have I mislead people about myself?

This isn't a matter I want to get into on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Johnny, all I'll say is please take mercs advice and place your quote before your reply. It's amazingly annoying.

• Advertisement

Syke, again...

I'm going to believe the CDC's website and the current discussions on thebody.com before I believe you. This is not unreasonable. Come on...

And saying you know some facts about me but don't want to talk about them in public... HAHAHAHAH! WTF?? Seriously now...

:dunno:
    Erm, I quoted about 10 current medical journals. You quoted an outdated report on a US website with little to know 3rd world emmigration problems, but in fact I wasn't specifically talking about HIV, I've seen you make factually incorrect errors on medical issues before, but usually someone started flaming you before I got there and to be honest, I wouldn't see your posts as worth correcting (and believe me, I'm a complete bastard for correcting mis-understood scienc eon boards).
    This isn't a matter I want to get into on a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement