Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been banned from After Hours. Why??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    Syke, again...

I'm going to believe the CDC's website and the current discussions on thebody.com before I believe you. This is not unreasonable. Come on...

And saying you know some facts about me but don't want to talk about them in public... HAHAHAHAH! WTF?? Seriously now...

:dunno:

I'll tell you in personally at the boards beer if you like.

I don't care who you believe Johnny, I work for the Irish equiv. of the CDC, What do you do for a living?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by syke
    I'll tell you in personally at the boards beer if you like.

I don't care who you believe Johnny, I work for the Irish equiv. of the CDC, What do you do for a living?.

Syke - it's really nothing personal when I say I'm not going to take your side of the argument on the HIV thing. Really, please don't be offended, I'm not offended that you disagree with the stance I'm taking.

I work in IT. Although I'm trying my best to change career direction...

Note that due to popular demand my quotes are now on top :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I'm obviously going to believe the American govenments research on HIV ahead of some guy who posts on boards.

This depends on who the person on boards is. I'd quite happily take syke's word on this. He knows what he is talking about

Mercury_tilt - maybe this is where we differ. I do not consider this to be anything like real life, or like a real conversation. To me it's simply the internet, a discussion forum.

But not to worry, I'm unbanned from AH now so we can agree to disagree.

Just so you know, because I don't view talking on the internet as "real life", I hold no grudges towards you or anyone else on this forum.

• Advertisement

I see it as a place where you can sometimes be in a bad mood, sometimes be in a silly mood, sometimes be in a good mood, but you can pretty much say whatever you want and have no consequences in the "real world".

I think this is a very good thing and I really don't take the Internet too seriously.

That's why it greatly puzzles me when people start getting angry and personal.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If I was trying to brag I could brag. Believe me! :)
    My irony detector just exploded after seeing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Johnny!
    YOUR FREE!!!
    shut up now:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

ive always found jv's posts amusing. keep up the good work jv!

Syke - it's really nothing personal when I say I'm not going to take your side of the argument on the HIV thing. Really, please don't be offended, I'm not offended that you disagree with the stance I'm taking.

I work in IT. Although I'm trying my best to change career direction...

Note that due to popular demand my quotes are now on top :)

Why do you think that I take anything you say personally? You're some spin chinner on the interweb to me, I couldn't be arsed what you say, short of peddling my own amusement.

Actually, have you ever considered the psychological implications of your insitance that everyone has vested emotional stakes in posting against you or in response to you.

Might it dawn on you that the problem isn't with them, its that the majority think you are a muppet, a sometimes marginally entertaining muppet, but a muppet none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Might it dawn on you that the problem isn't with them, its that the majority think you are a muppet, a sometimes marginally entertaining muppet, but a muppet none the less.

Add me to that list:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Johnny, all I'll say is please take mercs advice and place your quote before your reply. It's amazingly annoying.

yes yes it is, good come back on the poll though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think JV that the problem is that most people stopped having to listen to "Walter Mitty-esque" tales of sexual conquests in secondary school.

Uh-huh.

JV, can you honestly not see hnow irritating you come across as? As someone else said above, you're the guy people go "oh god, who invited him" about - or at least that is the way you come across.

So far all I seem to read is sex and/or my friend did this/that/the other posts. Perhaps slow down, take a deep breath and stop posting spammy muppet postings about you, your sex life and what your friends did when he won the Eurovision Song Contest/Climbed Everest with one leg tied behind his back/Created the world in 6 days and had a rest on the seventh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Imo. This thread is defunct :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I see it as a place where you can sometimes be in a bad mood, sometimes be in a silly mood, sometimes be in a good mood, but you can pretty much say whatever you want and have no consequences in the "real world".

Words barely allow me to convey how *wrong* you are.

No consequences eh? I've spent 5 years making them have consequences....

As a directly result of their "words" on Boards (along with a little encouragement of mine)

2 people have been arrested and charged.
    1 2nd level Student has been suspended.
    1 3rd level Student was expelled
    1 Board director of a national telco lost her job.
    I cant count how many peoples bosses I've yelled at. Its very theraputic and highly effective. It must be in the dozens.
    We have a dozen couples if we have one, a wedding or two and at least one kid! (ok the kid needed more then just text here but it more or less started with that).
    So if you think you wont get fncked up if you act the knob here, believe me the score is WELL in my favour!! :)

You say you dont see people getting annoyed about people talking about Unix all the time. You are missing the issue. We dont mind people talking about unix or sex.... but its FNCKING ANNOYING when you have some know-it-all twat who you just KNOW is going to come along and tell everyone "How Things Are" because he knows everything about Unix and he's had LOADS of unix boxes before and he even cheated on BSD with Linux but he doesnt care...

Getting the picture??

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Btw... this thread has 24 hours to live.

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by DeVore

Wow. What happened for those to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Now is being a muppet good or a bad thing? I ask cause your avatar is a muppet and maybe you're one of those people who have split personalities and on one level you hate muppets but on another level you see yourself in the mirror and think 'Hey, I AM a muppet!'.

That must mess with your head.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Exit
    Wow. What happened for those to happen?

One hacking attempt and one rape fantasy/threat.
    Homophobic hate messages
    Physical violence threats to another student here
    She thought she could outsmart us and pretend to be someone else.

Thats just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I've bollocked senior mangement in Dell, Eircom and Esat to name a few ... the lads in Spin used to gather round to listen sometimes :)

I'm kinda psycho about the topic of online vs "reality"... its probably not healthy. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And think how many have failed their exams and how many million man hours of productivity have been lost ....

I've bollocked senior mangement in Dell, Eircom and Esat to name a few ... the lads in Spin used to gather round to listen sometimes :)

I know he can be a pain, but ratting ecksor out is a bit OTT ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jarmstrong

I rarely post but i feel i have to respond to everyone who's been accusing JV of being a "walter mitty" type...

I know him in real life, and i know that he isn't actually making up the stuff he's been posting. He just has a completely ridiculous lifestyle.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

IMO, Johnny's a pretty funny guy. I don't why people are labeling him as a troll because I havn't seen one blatent direct insult from him yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Johnny reminds me of schoolgirls sitting on the top deck of a bus:

Kelly: I drank a bottle of vodka and got the finger of pato.

Lindsay: I drank a bottle of vodka, a bottle of barcardi and have anal sex with anto

They're annoying cause we all know they probably just stayed in and watched Sex and the City.

Johnny from what i've learned about "sexual experienced" people, we keep our mouths shut.

ps. Virgins shout the loudest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

can we vote to extend Johnny's ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Btw... this thread has 24 hours to live.
    Any chance you want to say why/how some of those people got in trouble by using Boards before the 24hrs are up? :)

edit:
    just missed Dev post about it.
    i must open my eyes when browsing :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

As a directly result of their "words" on Boards (along with a little encouragement of mine)

I cant count how many peoples bosses I've yelled at. Its very theraputic and highly effective. It must be in the dozens.

...is it just me , or is that kinda equivalent to:

I have russian mafia friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

She thought she could outsmart us and pretend to be someone else.

Wow, Mata Hari posted here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement