Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caymen 3346 Question

• 30-04-2004 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello Group,

I just got an Eircom Enhanced Package and I'm configuring the Router to work with a Firewall.

By default its a DHCP Server etc.

I have setup the External IP corretly using the IPs from Eircom, houever I'm unable to PING the router.

Question I have is do I need to configure it to work with a Static set of IPs or should it work on the fly using the default factory settings?

Thakns,
    - RintPete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Dad has eircom business starter, which you get an static ip, however when setting it up we didnt have to enter in any ip address, we plugged it in threw in the cd installed the modem and away we went.

We had problems with user names and passwords (eircoms fault obviously) but thats the only ones (also takes the modem 20 mins to connect to the lan on the computer....

make sure your settings are right and if using ethernet use lan 3

Advertisement