Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Equipment

• 30-04-2004 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Anyone know any websites or shops for good deals on DJ gear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

hehehe was going to post that link myself... theyre brilliant, great value even with the shipping form germany and they love their irish customers. everyone i know whos used them raves about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im thinking of getting decks, i am not going to fork out for a pair of 1210's yet but i dont want belt drive, what do you recommend?

Ive been looking at theNUMARK TT 1650 and the VESTAX PCV-002 what do you think? Any other recommendations? what are those DJ-in-a-box'slike?

thanks

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i've always been told to steer clear off the dj in a box sets.

i've heard good things about vestax but alot of their stuff can be a bit pricey when you could get 1210's for just a small bit more money

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

sorry didn't actuly look at the links i ment vestax turntables

• Advertisement

My budget is about E500, and that is pushing it, i think im gonna go for the seperate numark direct drive decks and the Vestax mixer, I would just have a horrible nagging feeling buying the DJ in a box.

Ill let you know how i get on.........

Sean

io have the tt1650's theyre absolutely lovely! if i HAD to be negative id say:
    theyre very light so you could get rumbles feeding through and skipping your needles etc,

the tone arm isnt height adjustable and the cartridge is VERY low n the record...

the arms are very very light so so can forget about scratching etc, even a wee spinback is pretty much out of the question unless you have a very light touch,

oh yeah, if and when you switch to technics you'll find yourself switching them off mid mix because youre not used to the on/off switch being in a really stupid place... the layout of the numark decks beats the technics by a mile, however, technics are still pretty much the way to go, and they will hold their value more than a numark or a vestax deck.

but other than that they are a perfect entry level turntable, very nice pitch control on them, very light and responsive. they wont do your back in carting them around to parties etc because of their light build, theyre even designed with slots underneath for carrying about the place.

vestax mixers are the way to go as well, i have a pmc 005a mk ii and its served me very well.

as for technics decks, ive seen them fall down flights of stairs and still work, ive heard of people pissing on their decks and them still working... if you want a deck that "absolutely will not stop ever, UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD" then get technics... otherwise the tt1650's should last the pace, mine have been all over town in the back of taxis and tucked under peoples arms etc and theyre still in pretty good nick after a year of heavy heavy use.

www.Musicstorekoeln.de

Ok, ive just ordered decks and mixer from them, How long do they take to deliver?

Do they send an Email to confirm the order?

Sean

dunno mate never used them...

Advertisement