Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Aungier Street

Options
  • 30-04-2004 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have Accouting & Finance for here down on my CAO this year and am just wondering what the place is like. How does it compare to Bolton Street (a hole tbh) and Kevins Street (not bad)?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I know a few people going there....they seem to like it anyway. It's the nicest of the DIT's (which wouldn't be hard).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by Celtic Tiger
    I have Accouting & Finance for here down on my CAO this year and am just wondering what the place is like. How does it compare to Bolton Street (a hole tbh) and Kevins Street (not bad)?

Cheers

haha i think you got your places mixed up thereceltic tiger bolton street is way better than kevin st. the atmosphere is good in bolton st and at least there are loads of couches and stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Yeah, they have couches up in bolton street. Great to sit on and watch the girls go by...

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAA

Bolton Street is a Hole. Not only is it a Hole, but its a hole filled with male students.

Actually, thats not fair. I hear one of the architecture students is a girl.

Aungier Street is Ok. Just stay away from panini world. Its nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Kevins Street (not bad)?

Not bad?

Kevin St. is physically decaying....and this is the so called 'new building'. It's also situated near a deconsecrated church, which would explain an awful lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Originally posted by Hecate
    Not bad?

Kevin St. is physically decaying....and this is the so called 'new building'. It's also situated near a deconsecrated church, which would explain an awful lot.

Yeah hate to put the place down 'cos it's been good to me....but it is a bit of a kip to be fair...:dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Kevin St isn't all that bad. Don't get me wrong its not great or anything.

Aungier st. is the nicest campus in DIT. Far better facilities than Kevin st any day of the week.
    Also doesn't hurt they have a load of gorgeous ladies there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

I go to Aungier st

I love it!

Nice building, equipment, lecture rooms, library etc

Good lecturers

Decent social offering - you gotta take it upon yourself to go and get your friends to go to things but thats the same as in any college!

and finally - the BEST looking women folk ANY college has to offer!! Im not interested in debating that with anyone who wants to argue otherwise! Its true!

All in all a cool college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jefinner

true, very pretty girls in Augier St, but take away the collective mob of blonde hair and orange tans.......what you got?

.......what you got?

A whole load of spare 'nope' Tracksuit bottoms?

A slump in the blonde hair dye markets?

DIT Cathal Brugha Street?

Aungier Street seems nice, But for the love of god: do not get food from that place next to java city. They gave us free sandwiches during clubs and socs day this year, and we still couldn't eat them...

Originally posted by jefinner
    true, very pretty girls in Augier St, but take away the collective mob of blonde hair and orange tans.......what you got?

Well they got some nice Brunettes there as well :P . As for the Orange tans, i am sure i can look beyond that to there um true beauty lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Girls are grand in Aungier Street as are in most colleges as are in Ireland, you get the odd one who is stunning. The orange ones that look like Arangantangs can have a bath though.
    and finally - the BEST looking women folk ANY college has to offer!! Im not interested in debating that with anyone who wants to argue otherwise! Its true!

And finally you need to shut the **** up. There not that great. I mean, whats with the obsession? They are Irish girls after all. Not that bad and not that good. You get some beauties in between like with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

DIT Aungier Street is defo the best of a bad bunch, but you really shouldn't put too much emphasis on "how nice the college is" when thinking about your course choices.

I went to Kevin Street (and I'm still there at night doing a Maths Degree), the place is a dump, but you learn to live with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by cheesedude

And finally you need to shut the **** up. There not that great. I mean, whats with the obsession? They are Irish girls after all. Not that bad and not that good. You get some beauties in between like with everything.

After thoroughly carrying my research on this matter during the following;

2 years of Intercollege soccer and golf (away matches nationwide)

3 years of visiting mates scattered around various colleges

General student night experiences

Discussions with reliable sources

I AM in a position to have a valid opinion on this

You're prob just jealous cos you got stuck in Maynooth or sumthin :D:D

i think the answer i was looking for was that, the average girl population left in Aungier St more than likely would consist of "normal" girls that are pretty in their own right...............i.e. the same as any other girl population in any other college (excluding Bolton st......poor sods!)

you just got to look past the banal collection of blonde and orange (and the stink of the fake tan!)......

im sure all DIT's, UCD and TCD all have a lot of potential......

Originally posted by jefinner
    i think the answer i was looking for was that, the average girl population left in Aungier St more than likely would consist of "normal" girls that are pretty in their own right...............i.e. the same as any other girl population in any other college (excluding Bolton st......poor sods!)

you just got to look past the banal collection of blonde and orange (and the stink of the fake tan!)......

im sure all DIT's, UCD and TCD all have a lot of potential......

Fake tan has a smell? I will have to look into that.........

Originally posted by briano
    Yeah, they have couches up in bolton street. Great to sit on and watch the girls go by...

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAA

Bolton Street is a Hole. Not only is it a Hole, but its a hole filled with male students.

Actually, thats not fair. I hear one of the architecture students is a girl.

Aungier Street is Ok. Just stay away from panini world. Its nasty.

yeah a shortage of girls but its still better than kevin street!

Because of the couches?

just go take a look in both colleges and you wont need me to tell you why bolton street is better

no, enlighten us.....

i would like to hear at least 5 reasons as to why you would consider Bolton St "better" than Kevin St.........and the couches are an irrelevant factor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

Speaking of DIT Aungier street can anyone give me any information on the school of journalism here please?

thanks in advance if you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

jefinner wrote:
    no, enlighten us.....

i would like to hear at least 5 reasons as to why you would consider Bolton St "better" than Kevin St.........and the couches are an irrelevant factor!

Kevin st is closer to aungier st, so it looks bad by comparison. Thats one anyway.

The gang of retards who smoke pot in the snackery during lunch

The library is below par

The students union area

That guy who has been in DIT (most of the time in Kevin st) for about 8 years (see the DIT forum). Seems like a bit of a goom bah.

Advertisement