Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prov. Driving Licence nearly 5 Years Old

• 30-04-2004 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I got a driving licence nearly 5 years ago. I plan to take lessons and try and get the test over the summer.

There is something about licences over and under 5 years.

If I renew it when it is past 5 years - will I be forced to do the teory test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

is it 5 years out of date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭halkar

Yup, if it passed the 5 years then you will need to do teory test, check the dates, if you are short of few days from 5 years you might get away without doing the teory test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I presume you mean a provisional drivers licence as a full drivers licence is valid for 10 years.

A provisional licence is valid for a year. So if you have been driving you have been unlicenced for at least 3 years.

If you are doing the test you will need a provisional otherwise you automatically fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by BrianD
    A provisional licence is valid for a year.

Two years.

Advertisement