Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is UTV upload capped?

• 30-04-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I checked the counter that keeps record of what I downloaded on the UTV statement thing and strangely enough it also kept a record of what I uploaded, so I was wondering if UTV clicksilver was also upload capped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Nop its not capped at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by powerhousedan
    Nop its not capped at all

It's actually capped at 1GB

since when i was told lassty week no cap on uploads

i knew i was right that eircom with the 1 g upload utv is unlimited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Was just wondering why they even show how much you have downloaded on their bandwidth counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

the totals they are getting dont seem to be right at all.

I have been using dumeter to track all mu upload/dl and its reading nearly twice what the UTV reading is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Big Chief

Originally posted by eth0_
    It's actually capped at 1GB

You're wrong.

Originally posted by Wanton
    the totals they are getting dont seem to be right at all.

I have been using dumeter to track all mu upload/dl and its reading nearly twice what the UTV reading is!

Are you on a network? Some of those DUmetres take into account all traffic, local and external.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

my usage meter is well off anyway. It's a good 500megs over what my trusty DU meter says.

Big cheif ring up support and they will confirm that there is no upload limited so i tihnk that means your wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Big Chief

Big cheif ring up support and they will confirm that there is no upload limited so i tihnk that means your wrong!

That would mean I'm right, Look at who and what I Quoted.

Durr!

Actually, it was someone from UTV who said (on their support board) there was a 1gb cap, a few weeks ago. But now someone else from UTV says there's no cap.
    *boggle*

sorry cheif looked at it wrong,(powerhouse gets down on his hands and knees and begs for forgiveness) :( my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

i rang utv about the clicksilver site and they told me that the meter of uploads/DL's they have is currently in testing phase and wont be fully functional for a month or two.
    he said that the level of activity that the meter shows u might not be perfect and it could be a tiny bit wrong or a couple of gig wrong, so might wanna use an independant proggie for now.

incedentally, what programs would ppl recommend for keeping an eye on usage? i hve 3 comp's connected using a router.
    cheers
    ¬hacksaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I always assumed that they would add your uploads & downloads to get yout total bandwith usage, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

must download all i can then before they start enforcing the caps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Must you? How about you just take it easy, only download what you actually want and maybe they won't see a need to ever start enforcing the cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Originally posted by PiE
    Must you? How about you just take it easy, only download what you actually want and maybe they won't see a need to ever start enforcing the cap.
    Good point PiE, I really don't see the point in downloading just for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

r u sure they dont enforce the caps?
    sure, the account usage viewer on their websie might not be perfect, but as far as i know they still know how much u down/upload?!
    the guy from tech support said that if i go over my 8gigs then they will email me straight away so i know im over the limit and will have to start paying for it!

and im pretty sure the 8gig includes download and upload

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The 8 gigs is download only. They haven't set a cap on uploads, though i'm sure they will if people abuse this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I went over the limit for the first time last month (by a few hundred meg) and didn't get any email. It's very nice for now, but it it's a chance of extra revenue for them then I don't expect the situation to last.

Advertisement