Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic voting why today......?

Options
  • 30-04-2004 11:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody wounder why the Gov picked this weekend to announce a U turn....could it have anything to do with any of these points.

1) its a bank holaday weekend and a lot of people will be heading away.

2)its the weekend of welcomes which will be all over the news.

this really stinks,its my view that if they make a decision I want to here about it a.s.a.p not when it will have least effect,I am sure if someone were to look in to it they (Gov) made up there mind on this a while ago.Maybe the printers already have started on the voting slips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

The date has to do with the fact that the Commission on Electronic voting was established in MArch and was due to report no later than 1st May, so it was well flagged in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

... but nevertheless "convenient".

PS Bertie ended communism in 10 countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pooka

Actually, I think the Government's intention with this report was some kind of news management (May 1st being a big news day), but the Commission bucked that by releasing the report one day early. It was certainly the major story up until about the 9 o'clock news, when the accession stuff started moving up the ranks.

Cian

Advertisement